Business Development, Executive Risks (Central US)
Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term business with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
About the Role
Business Development at Coalition is about creating and maintaining relationships with our brokerage partners and customers. We are looking for seasoned sales professionals to help us develop and empower the success of our partners by matching Coalition’s best ideas, innovations, and capabilities with a broker’s business goals.
This is a fully remote position that can be based anywhere within the Central US.
- Develop new agency relationships from inbound leads and strategic outreach
- Identify target agencies for new outbound campaigns
- Meet target quota of qualified opportunities, value of sales pipeline and closed business
- Report, track, and manage sales activities and results
- Manage all post-sales activities for Coalition’s broker partners through strong relationship-building, product knowledge, planning and execution
- Own the ultimate responsibility for brokers’ satisfaction with Coalition’s services
- Maintain a deep understanding of our solutions (insurance and technology) and speak with brokers about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific business needs
- Identify risks to the brokers achieving their stated business goals and work to resolve
- Monitor performance and identify trends in Coalition adoption and utilization and provide guidance to brokers as part of their periodic Success Review
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience selling commercial insurance with a focus on the Executive Risks segment (D&O, EPL, Fiduciary, and Crime)
- Strong regional relationships with wholesale and retail partners preferred
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written)
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts and terms
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The US base salary for this position ranges from $100,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $160,000/year in our highest geographic market. Consistent with applicable laws, an employee's pay within this range is based on a number of factors, which include but are not limited to relevant education, skills, job-related knowledge, qualifications, work experience, credentials, and/or geographic location. Your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process. Coalition, Inc. reserves the right to modify this range as needed.
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses