Event & Field Marketing Director
Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term business with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
About the Role
As the Event & Field Marketing Lead, you will be responsible for creating exceptional experiences that delight our brokers, partners, and employees. You will play a pivotal role in spearheading our events and field marketing initiatives, ensuring that each one is expertly planned, executed, and evaluated to drive business results and leave a lasting impression on our audience.
You will work closely with our sales and marketing teams to align messaging, goals, and objectives across all events and marketing programs. Building on your passion for creating unforgettable experiences, you will lead your team to deliver outstanding results that exceed expectations and set the standard for excellence in our industry, whether they are planning a user conference or a cocktail reception.
- You will develop and execute a comprehensive strategy for event and field marketing that aligns with the organization's overarching targets and aspirations is crucial.
- Manage and oversee the planning, logistics, and execution of company events, including industry events, annual company offsite, conferences, customer events, incentive trips, and other special events
- Create and implement inventive field marketing programs that drive demand and strengthen current relationships. These could include local events, roadshows, and experiential marketing programs
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, and product teams to ensure alignment of messaging and goals across all events and marketing programs
- Deliver a lot with a little by effectively managing event and field marketing budgets
- You will partner with Marketing Operations to develop and implement event measurement strategies and tools to evaluate the effectiveness of events and field marketing programs
Skills and Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in event marketing and field marketing with at least 4 years of leading events teams.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with experience leading teams to achieve business objectives.
- Proven experience in developing and executing successful event and field marketing strategies and programs.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Experience managing budgets and tracking ROI and metrics.
- Ability to travel as needed to attend events and programs, approximately 40% throughout the year
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The US base salary for this position ranges from $118,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $200,000/year in our highest geographic market. Consistent with applicable laws, an employee's pay within this range is based on a number of factors, which include but are not limited to relevant education, skills, job-related knowledge, qualifications, work experience, credentials, and/or geographic location. Your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process. Coalition, Inc. reserves the right to modify this range as needed.
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses