Senior Engineering Manager, Cyber Experience
Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term business with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
About the Role
Engineering Managers at Coalition focus on enabling teams to perform their best by supporting projects throughout their lifecycle and the humans that work on them through their growth. As a Senior Engineering Manager, you would be responsible for Cyber Experience across various products like Broker Platform & Internal Tools.
The Cyber Experience platform currently leverages React, JS, GraphQL to create fluid experiences for our customers. We prefer to use the right tool for the job and make pragmatic decisions about how to scale and decouple systems as we continue to grow. We’re looking for someone who can navigate an environment with many moving pieces and systems to help the team understand how they fit into the broader puzzle.
- Partner with a cross-functional team including Product Management, Software Engineering, SRE, and Design(UI/UX) to deliver value for our broker and policyholder customers
- Facilitate the growth of engineering staff members and look after the roster of the team
- Work with stakeholders across the company to help incorporate company goals and initiatives into the team’s backlog
- Collaborate with Product to break down requirements, write architecture documents, and learn and improve on other parts of the software development lifecycle
- Engage with other engineering managers on cross-cutting concerns such as dependency management, training, and other initiatives related to supporting teams and company initiatives
- Make Coalition a better place by taking on the unseen, unforeseen, and important items that come up along the way
Skills and Qualifications
- Cross-functional engineering team management on multiple concurrent projects and on multiple teams
- Performance management including one-on-ones, performance reviews, improvement plans and other processes for helping teams do their best work
- Working with both technical and non-technical stakeholders on projects with complex business logic
- Development and execution of hiring and growth plans
- Project planning and coordination with multiple stakeholders
- Understanding of software development and quality metrics like delivery lead time, error rate and application performance metrics
- 3+ years of engineering management experience - It’s not the years that count, it’s what you do with them
- Experience in managing customer experience products.
- Managing teams across multiple types of approaches (product, feature, matrix, etc)
- Managing remote and distributed teams
- Experience scaling agile practices across multiple teams (LeSS, Scrum@Scale, SAFE, etc)
- Business rules knowledge about some type of insurance products
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- Coalition’s individual pay is determined on several factors, including but not limited to, location, level, skills and experience. The US base salary range for this full-time position is $150,000 - $245,000, and your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process.
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses
Something looks off?