Production Underwriter (Southeast)
Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term business with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
About the Role
We are looking for a dynamic individual who will take ownership of actively generating profitable business from an assigned group of brokers and partner closely with our Sales organization. The Production Underwriter will primarily underwrite and manage a wide range of products, including Coalition’s Technology E&O and Cyber. The person in this role will be the subject matter expert for technology and will consistently take a customer-centric approach to their work. The ideal candidate will have the ability to educate both brokers and customers on how to keep their businesses protected. If this sounds like you, we would love to speak with you.
This is a fully remote position that can be based anywhere in the Southeast Region of the US.
- Work closely with sales and product staff to assess cyber products and capabilities
- Work with the Sales organization, execute strategies specific to technology and cyber insurance, and develop and manage key strategic relationships in order to achieve production and profit targets
- Identify new customers through effective pipelining, pre-qualification, and territory analysis/management
- Exhibit a thorough understanding of the local cyber insurance marketplace and trends, Coalition’s capabilities within the geography, and corporate vision
- Develop and execute recommendations to profitably capture market share across assigned geography
- 10-25% travel depending on territory. Including but not limited to quarterly onsite visits and internal gatherings
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of multi-line underwriting experience within the Technology E&O/Cyber segment; knowledge of policy issuance and processing center workflows
- A demonstrated track record of success, with strong underwriting and point-of-sale competencies
- Ability to work independently within the current level of underwriting authority
- Strong sales, communication and marketing skills are critical; must be able to demonstrate success with managing tight time frames, high volumes of work, direct agency relationships
- Proficient background in risk analysis (especially in Technology & Cyber insurance)
- Knowledge and proficiency with technical issues, compliance, coverage, products and pricing strategies
- Demonstrated ability to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual production goals
- Negotiation, relationship-building, influencing skills, and a creative approach to challenges and opportunities
- 4-year college degree preferred; professional designations such as CIC and CIPP preferred
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- Coalition’s individual pay is determined on several factors, including but not limited to, location, level, skills and experience. The US base salary range for this full-time position is $135,000 - $175,000, and your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process.
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses
Something looks off?