Senior Accountant - Insurance
Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term business with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
About the Role
Coalition Inc is seeking an experienced, detail-driven Senior Accountant - Insurance to join its Finance team. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, solutions-oriented, and a keen problem solver. This role will be a part of our Captive/Carrier team and work closely with our GL Operations team to assist in functions relating to insurance / reinsurance accounting.
Gain the opportunity to join a dynamic organization with ample room for professional growth!
- Work on all direct, assumed, and ceded insurance accounting operations
- Analyze and process new and existing insurance / reinsurance accounts
- Work closely with internal and external teams to ensure contracts are properly established, recorded and all areas of reinsurance accounting are being performed
- Work with the Technical Accounting team on analysis of complex reinsurance contracts, and determine proper accounting treatment. Directly responsible for the related journal entry inputs
- Contribute to monthly, quarterly, and annual closing processes
- Responsible for reconciling reinsurance statements using supporting documentation
- Oversee tracking and following-up on past due balances
- Review premium and loss bordereaux to ensure compliance with contract terms and to identify potential issues
- Collaborate closely with accounting team members, actuarial team, and underwriting departments on various projects and activities
- Assist with improving and streamlining department processes and procedures to increase accuracy and efficiency
- Assist with ad-hoc projects, reporting requests, financial statement audits, and testing
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years of general insurance accounting experience
- Previous experience in a high-growth technology company preferred, ideally insure-tech
- CPA license preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google sheets and docs
- Familiarity with insurance accounting software systems (eg claims processing), multi-book or adj book accounting, ASC 944 revenue, & Netsuite ERP (nice to have)
- Strong ability to manipulate, analyze, and manage large amounts of data. Knowledge of tools, techniques, and processes for gathering and reporting data; ability to summarize information into respective reinsurance settlements.
- Results oriented with ability to work independently as part of a remote team
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- Coalition’s individual pay is determined on several factors, including but not limited to, location, level, skills and experience. The US base salary range for this full-time position is $80,000 - $125,000, and your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process.
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses
Something looks off?