Director, Corporate Finance
Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term business with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
About the Role
The Coalition FP&A team is passionate about solving some of the company’s most pressing business issues. The team is responsible for leading Coalition’s budget, driving annual and quarterly planning processes, allocating and deploying the company's resources efficiently, performing financial analyses, and partnering with teams across the company. The role requires someone who is highly analytical and strategic, a great communicator, approaches problems in a structured manner, and is comfortable with ambiguity. You’ll get substantial visibility, focus on the highest-priority business issues, and be plugged into every facet of the business.
The Corporate Finance team is responsible for enterprise level planning, budgeting, forecasting, analysis, and capital allocation. In this highly visible role you’ll use your strong analytical, critical reasoning, communication, and influencing skills to help ensure Coalition meets its overall strategic, operational, and financial goals. The ideal candidate is passionate about both problem-solving as well as building high quality repeatable processes that scale with our rapid growth.
- Support the development of our strategic asset allocation framework. Leverage your deep insights into revenue and cost drivers across the business to form actionable recommendations, including where to slow down or or accelerate, bearing in mind short and long-term investment horizons
- Drive the Corporate forecasting and budgeting processes, including Annual Planning as well as monthly and quarterly business reviews
- Work cross functionally to build financial forecasts across the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
- Develop and maintain our consolidated forecasting models. Build partnerships with functional managers to understand business drivers, trends, opportunities and risks
- Partner with the accounting team to ensure timely and accurate financial closes and provide input on management and external reporting needs
- Prepare financial updates for the Executive Team and Board of Directors
- Drive efficiency through finance processes by automating, simplifying, or eliminating routine work
- Special projects, ad hoc analyses and strategic deal support
- People management (initially leading a team of 2+ direct reports)
Skills and Qualifications
- 10+ years of proven finance-related work experience in corporate finance, investment banking, hedge funds, private equity, or business operations
- 2+ years of people management experience (preferably leading a distributed, impactful team)
- An ability to distill sophisticated issues into structured frameworks and develop concrete action plans
- Strong financial modeling experience and a willingness to dig into the details
- Proficiency in SQL
- A highly ambitious “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- Understanding of the insurance industry is a plus
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills with the ability to simplify messaging while understanding the nuances
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- Coalition’s individual pay is determined on several factors, including but not limited to, location, level, skills and experience. The US base salary range for this full-time position is $150,000 - $235,000, and your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process.
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses
Something looks off?