Actuarial Analyst - Pricing
Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term business with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
About the Role
- Collaborate with other members of the team to build and maintain our rate manuals in order to ensure rate adequacy and favorable risk selection
- Build out rate indication and trend process, including communication to key stakeholders
- Identify areas for improvement in our pricing and propose potential solutions
- Lead countrywide admitted rate filings. Responsibilities include: preparing actuarial rate justification, objection handling and communication with state DOIs, internal communication with engineering and product to ensure rates are implemented correctly and on time
- Provide actuarial assistance on internal projects and initiatives as required
- Contribute and grow the culture of actuarial excellence on our team by bringing mature empathy, best practices, and processes to our organization
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of P&C actuarial pricing experience
- Passed 4+ exams, actively pursuing designation or have completed designation
- Expert Excel proficiency
- Experience with R or Python and SQL
- Strong communication and collaboration, ability to work cross functionally
- Strong actuarial pricing background, ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work efficiently in a start up environment, be creative, and think outside the box
- Cyber and/or executive liability experience
- Strong technical skills in Python, R and SQL
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses
Something looks off?