Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term business with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
About The Role
Business Development at Coalition is about creating and maintaining relationships with broker partners and customers. We are seeking a highly motivated and driven individual to join us as our first Business Development team member in Australia. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the Australian cyber insurance market and be able to identify new business opportunities to help build Coalition's brand/market presence in the region. We have spent the past few years growing key international markets for our cyber insurance business (Canada and the UK), and we are now looking to expand that growth into Australia.
This will be an opportunity to help us develop and empower the success of our partners by matching Coalition’s best ideas, innovations, and capabilities with a broker’s business goals.
This is a fully remote position that can be based anywhere in the Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, or Perth metro areas.
- Systematically grow Coalition’s client base and create new approaches to deal successfully with changes and challenges in market dynamics and client relationships
- Lead new sales efforts and continuously engage with new clients
- Maintain a deep understanding of Coalition’s solutions (insurance and technology) and speak with brokers about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific business needs
- Lead engagement with Clients, Brokers, Partners, and all other appropriate members of the ecosystem; manage all sales activities for Coalition’s broker partners through prospecting, strong relationship-building, product knowledge, planning, and execution
- Own the ultimate responsibility for brokers’ satisfaction with Coalition
- Develop new brokerage relationships from inbound leads and strategic outreach
- Identify target brokerages for new outbound campaigns
- Meet target quota of qualified opportunities, the value of sales pipeline, and closed business
- Report, track, and manage sales activities and results
- Identify and resolve roadblocks to brokers achieving their stated business goals
- Be an active participant in the industry. Stay abreast of market /industry trends, competitors, and the latest technology developments
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong understanding of the Australian broker market and insurance landscape
- Approximately 5+ years of experience selling commercial insurance
- Proven track record of successful business development and relationship-building experience
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited by the prospect of being the founding of Business Development in a new market
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts and terms
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Existing relationships with potential broker partners
- Familiarity with Cyber Liability, Technology Errors and Omissions, and Miscellaneous Professional Liability
- Current or recent experience working at a reputable commercial insurance carrier
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses
Something looks off?