API Integration Manager
The team at Coalition is made up of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well insurance industry veterans. Our secret sauce is bringing this expertise together to create a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Coalition is also backed by leading global insurers like Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich North America. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtech serving over 160,000 customers.
In June 2022, Coalition closed an additional $250 million in Series F Funding to accelerate its rapid growth at a time when many other companies struggled to find funding. This latest funding validated that Coalition is building a long-term business that can deliver profitable growth with a clear strategic advantage.
Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by helping organizations of all sizes solve real-world problems and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2021 and one of Fast Company’s most innovative companies for 2022.
About the Role
As the API Integration Manager, you will own and be responsible for enabling digital distribution of Coalition’s products at our partners and customers through our application programming interface (API). You will work closely with partners and prospects at every stage of the API implementation lifecycle to build and manage relationships with partners, creatively solve technical problems, and be the expert on our platform and our API capabilities. With the changing landscape of insurance, programmatic delivery of our products is an increasingly important part of our business.
The right individual is passionate about delighting our partners and customers, enables best-in-class integrations, and brings in technical savvy to address problems and questions. In addition, you will work closely with internal stakeholders on our sales side to map out solutions for upcoming opportunities and with our product and engineering teams to improve our product and API capabilities for our developer partners.
- Work closely with our sales and business team at the early stages of a relationship to understand the partners’ use case, demonstrate Coalition API capabilities, and propose creative solutions
- Support partner developers through the entire API integration and development lifecycle
- Troubleshoot issues related to our API
- Effectively communicate with developers at our partners and with internal stakeholders to deliver integrations successfully
- Be the voice of the partner and developers to our product and engineering teams to improve our API and partner product offerings
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional work experience
- You have a passion for technology and prior experience working with APIs / enabling developers with technical support
- You have excellent technical communication capabilities, both written and verbal, especially in customer-facing roles
- You are comfortable in demonstrating and explaining APIs
- You can creatively apply API functionality to solve business needs and use-cases
- You are resourceful, ambitious, and desire to operate in a fast-paced, start-up environment – if you’re looking for an opportunity to learn and expand your skill set, this is the place
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- Coalition’s individual pay is determined on several factors, including but not limited to, location, level, skills and experience. The US base salary range for this full-time position is $70,000 - $135,000, and your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses
Something looks off?