Sr. Frontend Engineer
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
The primary focus for the Senior Frontend Engineer will be to maintain and build our front end app suite. The Senior Frontend Engineer will work in a highly collaborative team within the Product & Engineering vertical building software of the highest quality, and develop deep understanding of our technical products.
What will you do as a Senior Frontend Engineer?
- Work closely with Product to spec out the technical aspects of a feature from inception through delivery
- Strategize with key stakeholders on developing key business metrics, planning, and prioritization
- Own front end feature development, ensuring tracking/analytics are instrumented and your work meets the agreed upon acceptance criteria
- Continuously improve existing codebases, identifying key opportunities for refactoring and performance improvement
- Write acceptance, integration and unit tests
- Create lasting architecture for current and future applications
- Help create engineering leaders by mentoring other engineers of all levels
- Collaborate with back-end engineers to influence architecture for current and future APIs
What do you have as a Senior Frontend Engineer?
- Experience with high traffic public facing websites
- Extensive experience with TypeScript
- Strong knowledge of ReactJS
- Strong knowledge of Redux/React Context API/Hooks
- Exceptional knowledge of front end technologies including HTML/CSS ● Significant experience working with API service-based architectures and RESTful APIs ● Experience with Redux/React Router/React Context API/Hooks
- Experience writing tests at various layers and various JS testing strategies ● Experience developing responsive web applications
- Experience with building, deploying and operating technical components of sizable complexity.
- Track record of leading and creating environments where engineers produce their best work
Nice to haves:
- Experience architecting micro-frontends
- ReactJS testing (Jest/react-testing-library)
- Experience with React Native library
- Experience working remotely
- Experience investigating data bugs throughout the stack
Did you know that women and minorities are less likely to apply to a position if they don’t match 100% of the job qualifications? Don’t let that be the reason you miss out on this opportunity! We encourage you to apply anyway. Don’t count yourself out!
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. We offer comprehensive benefits for individuals and families:
- Medical. We offer rich and affordable BCBS plans for you and your dependents. If you select the high deductible health plan, we offer an HRA and contribute to your HSA.
- Dental and vision. We cover 100% of dental and vision premiums for you and your dependents.
- Pre-tax benefits, disability, and life insurance.
- 401(k). We contribute 3%, even if you contribute nothing.
We’ve also curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. Our people have access to:
- Generous vacation, 12 paid holidays, and parental leave.
- Equity in the company (plus an evergreen plan) and an annual bonus program.
- Employee resource groups and mental health workshops.
- Top of the line hardware and meeting free “Focus Fridays”.
We’re a remote first company, having paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. If you are local or in town visiting, you also have the choice to work from our Chicago HQ office. Because we are a remote first company, we ask that your internet can keep up with our pace.
To top it all off, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.