Senior Security Engineer
What is a Senior Security Engineer?
Clearcover is looking for an energetic, experienced, and highly motivated Senior Security Engineer to join our team. Security Engineers build, maintain, and monitor security solutions to protect the platform that powers Clearcover’s API products, applications, and machine-learning applications. We work every day to improve the security of our software and build automation within our AWS infrastructure. The Senior Security Engineer role is an integral part of our Product and Technology organization and requires a shift-left mindset for security. If you have an appetite for cloud-native security built on automation, we'd love to talk to you!
What will you do?
- Play a significant role in the design and execution of the security operations processes, procedures and runbooks.
- Guide/lead mitigation strategies for identified vulnerabilities and threats.
- Prioritize events using existing tools to correlate data for the purpose of reducing false positives and detecting threats.
- Lead incident response activities.
- Develop monthly reporting dashboards and metrics on vulnerabilities and remediation.
- Work closely with SRE to “build-in” security as code.
- Develop, deploy, and operate security mechanisms within our AWS infrastructure.
- Act as a trusted advisor for security related questions and concerns.
What do you need?
- 6+ years of experience working in security with at least 4 years being in an engineering role.
- Hands-on experience with security operations monitoring tools and processes, including SIEM and endpoint protection platforms.
- Experience triaging security alerts, leading investigations, and reporting on findings.
- Knowledge of security hardening standards and vulnerability trends on Linux servers and containers.
- Understanding of data protection mechanisms including encryption.
- Knowledge of defensive security measures and vulnerability trends.
- Sound knowledge of APIs and SOAR.
- Experience securing cloud IaaS offerings in AWS.
Nice to haves?
- Experience with integrating security into continuous integration/deployment tools.
- Experience implementing security in Kubernetes.
Did you know that women and minorities are less likely to apply to a position if they don’t match 100% of the job qualifications? Don’t let that be the reason you miss out on this opportunity! We encourage you to apply anyway. Don’t count yourself out!
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. We offer comprehensive benefits for individuals and families:
- Medical. We offer rich and affordable BCBS plans for you and your dependents. If you select the high deductible health plan, we offer an HRA and contribute to your HSA.
- Dental and vision. We cover 100% of dental and vision premiums for you and your dependents.
- Pre-tax benefits, disability, and life insurance.
- 401(k). We contribute 3%, even if you contribute nothing.
We’ve also curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. Our people have access to:
- Generous vacation, 12 paid holidays, and parental leave.
- Equity in the company (plus an evergreen plan) and an annual bonus program.
- Employee resource groups and mental health workshops.
- Top of the line hardware and meeting free “Focus Fridays”.
We’re a remote first company, having paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. If you are local or in town visiting, you also have the choice to work from our Chicago HQ office.
Because we are a remote first company, we ask that your internet can keep up with our pace.
Remote employees are eligible to work from: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NJ, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI.
To top it all off, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.
Something looks off?