Claims Injury Supervisor
Our Value Proposition: Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
What is a Claims Injury Supervisor?
The Claims Supervisor has a unique opportunity to help construct a team to better serve Clearcover customers from the ground up. The role will lead others in daily claims operations. Our Claims Supervisors are empathetic, patient people who love connecting with and helping our team serve customers.
For this role, we're looking for someone who is excited to join a fast-paced, startup culture.
What will you do as a Claims Injury Supervisor?
- Oversees all claims activities with established claims policy and procedures
- Subject matter expert on bodily injury evaluation, internal tools, regulatory compliance, and claims payment processing
- Identify and assess internal trends for efficiency gains and process improvement
- Directs the selection, evaluation, compensation, transfer, and termination of claims personnel, in accordance with established personnel policies and practices
- Assist in evaluating and monitoring claims partner relationships
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives, follow up to ensure resolution
- Maintain knowledge base of training materials, standard procedures, and shared partner guidelines
- Support Clearcover quality assurance initiatives
- Provide in-depth reporting on claims metrics and communicate results to executive leadership
- Ability to obtain and maintain an adjuster’s license as required
- During periods of peak volume, manage large amounts of incoming and outgoing customer interactions (calls, texts, chats, social media outreach)
- Performance management consistently among team members as needed
- Knowledge of state compliance requirements to include medicare and ensure the team is sending proper correspondence based on state rules and regulations.
- Develop individual performance metrics and drive commitment to and maintenance of outstanding performance
- Work with Legal Department on claims resolution strategies
- Train and develop team members regarding any identified skill gaps to include effective evaluation, negotiation, low impact strategies and lawsuit handling
- Create needed training materials and take on special projects as needed
What do you need as a Claims Injury Supervisor?
- Bachelor's Degree, or commensurate work experience
- A minimum of 4-8 years’ experience in bodily injury claims and prior leadership experience
- Proven claims support/success experience or experience as a claims representative or team leader and track record of providing excellent customer care
- Familiarity with resolution strategies for attorney represented and litigated injury claims
- Major claim handling and litigation experience is a plus
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of individuals
- Experience with claims related technology for national claims program
- Balance the needs of the customer with the needs of the business
- Capable of writing with impact
- Ability to manage performance and motivate other team members
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Influence decisions cross-functionally and among executive leadership
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. We offer comprehensive benefits for individuals and families:
- Medical. We offer rich and affordable BCBS plans for you and your dependents. If you select the high deductible health plan, we offer an HRA and contribute to your HSA.
- Dental and vision. We cover 100% of dental and vision premiums for you and your dependents.
- Pre-tax benefits, disability, and life insurance.
- 401(k). We contribute 3%, even if you contribute nothing.
We’ve also curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. Our people have access to:
- Generous vacation, 12 paid holidays, and parental leave.
- Equity in the company (plus an evergreen plan) and an annual bonus program.
- Employee resource groups and mental health workshops.
- Top of the line hardware and meeting free “Focus Fridays”.
We’re a remote first company, having paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. If you are local or in town visiting, you also have the choice to work from our Chicago HQ office.
- Remote employees are eligible to work from: AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, MA, MI, MN, MO, NC, NJ, OK, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI.
Because we are a remote first company, we ask that your internet keep up with our pace
To top it all off, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Did you know that women and minorities are less likely to apply to a position if they don’t match 100% of the job qualifications? Don’t let that be the reason you miss out on this opportunity! We encourage you to apply anyway. Don’t count yourself out!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.
Something looks off?