Our Value Proposition:
Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion-dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well, and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
In this role: The Actuarial Manager at Clearcover is a natural problem solver who acts with urgency and focus. They exist to support the Insurance department’s objective of developing and maintaining Insurance products that can deliver sustainable growth.
The Actuarial Manager will support the organization’s understanding of rate level adequacy, reserve adequacy, and book performance on a segmented basis. This role will:
- Lead processes that support core actuarial functions and unit economic modeling
- Support multi-state expansion including, but not limited to, rate development, rate filings, and technology support
- Analyze and provide recommendations on segmented product pricing enhancements in existing states and provide regulatory support
- Contribute to a wide range of analytical projects that continuously enhance the business. A key feature of this role is effective collaboration with a peer network across all functional areas to drive accurate, timely and compliant execution of state launches with well-crafted written communications for both internal and external audiences.
- Building predictive models to support customer lifetime value scoring for both potential and current customers with minimal guidance
- Building actuarial tools to support trending, loss development, reserving, forecasting, rate measurements, segmentation, etc.
- Help with the execution of the monthly IBNR reserving process
What do you need as the Actuarial Manager?
- Successful completion of 3 CAS actuarial examinations
- 7+ years of relevant work experience
- Technical abilities in R/SQL/Python/Excel
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and to challenge the status quo
- Strong decision making and relationship building skills
- Alignment with Clearcover core values
Now offering the Clearcover Actuarial Study Program. This program will offer coverage of exam fees and study materials, paid study time off, salary increases, and bonus recognition.
Did you know that women and minorities are less likely to apply to a position if they don’t match 100% of the job qualifications? Don’t let that be the reason you miss out on this opportunity! We encourage you to apply anyway. Don’t count yourself out!
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. We offer comprehensive benefits for individuals and families:
- Medical. We offer rich and affordable BCBS plans for you and your dependents. If you select the high deductible health plan, we offer an HRA and contribute to your HSA.
- Dental and vision. We cover 100% of dental and vision premiums for you and your dependents.
- Pre-tax benefits, disability, and life insurance.
- 401(k). We contribute 3%, even if you contribute nothing.
We’ve also curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. Our people have access to:
- Generous vacation, 12 paid holidays, and parental leave.
- Equity in the company (plus an evergreen plan) and an annual bonus program.
- Employee resource groups and mental health workshops.
- Top of the line hardware and meeting free “Focus Fridays”.
We’re a remote first company, having paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. If you are local or in town visiting, you also have the choice to work from our Chicago HQ office.
Because we are a remote first company, we ask that your internet can keep up with our pace.
Remote employees are eligible to work from: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NJ, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI.
To top it all off, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.
Something looks off?