Principal Analyst, Advanced Analytics
Our Value Proposition:
Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion-dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well, and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
What is Principal Analyst, Advanced Analytics at Clearcover?
The Principal Analyst, Advanced Analytics is a key role that will help drive our Growth goals for 2023 and beyond while bringing operational efficiencies. This individual will focus on proactively identifying and sizing opportunities for growth and efficiency, thoughtfully develop initiatives to realize opportunities leveraging insights from analytics and working with x-functional teams to drive Growth strategy. The role plays a key role in being a thought partner for the Growth leadership, provides recommendations based on solid business cases and helps influence decision making. The Principal Analyst has hands-on experience with data analytics (leveraging SQL coding) and is efficient in navigating highly ambiguous situations with limited direction and resources. This is an individual contributor role with high visibility to senior leadership. This role is critical for Clearsover’s vision of making it Easy, Empowering and Rewarding for agencies to Sell Like Champions!
What are your responsibilities?
- Stakeholder Management: Advanced influencing and cross-functional stakeholder management, including managing multiple partners simultaneously and building relationships with and credibility across the Growth leadership and a wide internal network including Product, Technology / Engineering, and more
- Drive actionable insights leveraging data and analytics and provide thoughtful recommendations
- Proactively identify and size opportunities for growth and efficiency, develop initiatives and work with cross functional teams to realize opportunities
- Serve as a thought partner to the Growth leadership
- Stay abreast of the trends in the P&C insurance market, especially in agency distribution channels and proactively share relevant insights that are actionable with the Growth teams.
- Partner with Business Intelligence team to develop key reporting capabilities to support growth & efficiency
- Own and lead weekly and bi-weekly business review sessions with key stakeholders
- Partner with finance team closely to support planning activities for the Growth team
What experience do you need?
- Data Analytics/ Insights - Experience with data visualization tools (Looker, PowerBI) and can tell a compelling story with data, Hands on experience with SQL (Must have)
- Great communication skills. You have the ability to ask the right questions, get full details, and explain needs & requirements and drive alignment across multiple stakeholders.
- Communication Skills - you bring a proven ability to communicate complex and/or detailed information to multiple individuals/audiences, both in writing and verbally
- Problem Solving Skills - You have a demonstrated ability to solve complex problems in ambiguous situations with limited or no availability of data
- Strong Analytical Skills - You have a demonstrated ability to leverage data to solve complex business decisions, including analyzing multiple data points, effectively interpreting results, and concisely presenting a recommendation.
- P&C Insurance Distribution - you have a firm understanding of agency and other distribution channels for P&C insurance industry
- Hands-on and a self-starter. You have the ability to lead and drive initiatives with creativity, passion and little oversight – the persistence and tenacity to break down barriers while also bringing people together towards a common goal.
- Growth mindset. You’re driven to improve performance through continued learning
- Insurance Experience - Demonstrated experience with P&C Auto insurance experience is a MUST!
Nice to haves:
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with Design Thinking concepts and strategy framework
- Agency Sales experience
- Strong experience working in B2B CRM applications such as Salesfoce, PipeDrive etc
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. We offer comprehensive benefits for individuals and families:
- Medical. We offer rich and affordable BCBS plans for you and your dependents. If you select the high deductible health plan, we offer an HRA and contribute to your HSA.
- Dental and vision. We cover 100% of dental and vision premiums for you and your dependents.
- Pre-tax benefits, disability, and life insurance.
- 401(k). We contribute 3%, even if you contribute nothing.
We’ve also curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. Our people have access to:
- Generous vacation, 12 paid holidays, and parental leave.
- Equity in the company (plus an evergreen plan) and an annual bonus program.
- Employee resource groups and mental health workshops.
- Top of the line hardware and meeting free “Focus Fridays”.
We’re a remote first company, having paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. If you are local or in town visiting, you also have the choice to work from our Chicago HQ office.
Because we are a remote first company, we ask that your internet can keep up with our pace.
Remote employees are eligible to work from: AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, MA, MI, MN, MO, NC, NJ, OK, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI.
To top it all off, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.
Something looks off?