Sr. Financial Analyst
Our Value Proposition:
Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
What is a Sr. Financial Analyst at Clearcover?
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to be a key member of the Finance team. This individual will join a lean, fast-paced team at a growth-oriented company, and will play a critical role in ensuring that the company can plan thoughtfully and accurately for profitable growth, execute on achieving its financial and strategic objectives, and make informed executive decisions backed by sound financial and strategic analysis.
Working closely with departments across the company, the Senior Financial Analyst will support budgeting and forecasting, departmental expense management, and reporting that provides insight on financial results. There will also be opportunities to be involved in special projects and inform key business decisions through detailed financial analysis.
- Provide insightful analysis of business results to senior management and perform ad-hoc analyses that facilitate problem solving and decision making for business areas
- Assist with annual budget planning cycle and quarterly forecast updates
- Maintain monthly financial operating model
- Participate in development of monthly and quarterly operating reviews
- Perform ad hoc analysis to support departmental and business development initiatives
- Create monthly departmental budget reviews to provide visibility on historical financials and drive decision making
- Prepare financial reporting package for internal management reporting, highlighting key business issues, variance to budget, and relevant trends
- Maintain & leverage tools and systems to ensure quick, reliable access to data and information
- Assess current business processes and identify opportunities to automate
- Compile financial analysis for Board meetings and other ad-hoc projects
- Participate in corporate development activities, including capital raising and M&A
What are our must haves?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field
- Experience in investment banking, management consulting, or corporate FP&A
- Expert modeling (three statement) and Excel skills are an absolute must-have
- Strong analytical skills, organization, and curiosity to develop new methods and processes
- Solid accounting knowledge
- Ability to translate key business drivers to financial outcomes through analysis and communicate business insights from financial metrics and operational data
- Must be self-motivated, creative, detail-oriented and able to work independently to meet deadlines within time constraints
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate with people across all areas of the organization
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. We offer comprehensive benefits for individuals and families:
- Medical. We offer rich and affordable BCBS plans for you and your dependents. If you select the high deductible health plan, we offer an HRA and contribute to your HSA.
- Dental and vision. We cover 100% of dental and vision premiums for you and your dependents.
- Pre-tax benefits, disability, and life insurance.
- 401(k). We contribute 3%, even if you contribute nothing.
We’ve also curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. Our people have access to:
- Generous vacation, 12 paid holidays, and parental leave.
- Equity in the company (plus an evergreen plan) and an annual bonus program.
- Employee resource groups and mental health workshops.
- Top of the line hardware and meeting free “Focus Fridays”.
We’re a remote first company, having paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. If you are local or in town visiting, you also have the choice to work from our Chicago HQ office.
- Remote employees are eligible to work from: AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, MA, MI, MN, MO, NC, NJ, OK, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI.
Because we are a remote first company, we ask that your internet can keep up with our pace.
To top it all off, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.
Something looks off?