Accounts Payable Analyst
About Clear Street:
Clear Street is building financial infrastructure for today’s institutions. Founded in 2018, Clear Street is an independent, non-bank prime broker replacing the legacy infrastructure used across capital markets.
We started from scratch by building a completely cloud-native clearing and custody system designed for today’s complex, global market. Our platform is fully integrated with central clearing houses and exchanges to support billions in trading volume per day. We’ve agonized about our data model abstractions, created horizontal scalability, and crafted thoughtful APIs. All so we can provide a best-in-class experience for our clients.
By combining highly-skilled product and engineering talent with seasoned finance professionals, we’re building the essentials to compete in today’s fast-paced markets.
Our Finance team is small but rapidly growing in a dynamic environment that offers the opportunity to learn about the business from the ground up. The team operates in a flat structure, allowing you to be a peer contributing to various aspects of accounting and reporting functions. Collaboration with different teams across the organization is integral to ensuring that finance and accounting functions are executed in a timely manner. As technology is driving our company's mission, the team will also leverage technology to automate accounting tasks and steer Clear Street and the finance team towards a more efficient future.
The role is responsible for various aspects of the accounts payable function within the Finance team. The individual will work collaboratively with other staff and under the direction of the Accounts Payable Manager. The nature of the role will allow the individual to interact cross-functionally with other departments including exposure to departmental heads and senior management.
- Responsible for the end-to-end Accounts Payable process.
- Review invoices for accuracy ensuring compliance with company policies and standards.
- Timely processing of invoices into the General Ledger including proper subsidiary, department, and expense coding.
- Diligently following-up with internal stakeholders for approvals and allocations, as needed.
- Facilitate communication with vendors when discrepancies are found while
maintaining professional courtesy.
- Maintain and support a high level of internal controls around financial reporting and payment processing.
- Assist with month-end close activities such as providing input on accruals and reconciliations.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is required.
- At least 1+ year of experience in a similar role.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills including lookups, sum-ifs, and related formulas.
- Experience with Net Suite is preferred but not required.
- General proficiency in GAAP reporting including accrual-based accounting.
- Experience with multi-currency payment processing is desirable.
- A strong appetite for learning and working within a team setting.
- Willingness to do what is required to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, time management, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
The Base Salary Range for this role is $65,000 - $75,000. This range is representative of the starting base salaries for this role at Clear Street. Where a candidate falls in this range will be based on job-related factors such as relevant experience, skills, and location. This range represents Base Salary only, which is just one element of Clear Street's total compensation. The range stated does not include other factors of total compensation such as bonuses or equity.
At Clear Street, we offer competitive compensation packages, company equity, 401k matching, gender-neutral parental leave, and full medical, dental and vision insurance. Our belief has always been that we are better as a business when we are all together in person. As such, beginning on January 2, 2023, we are requiring employees to be in the office 4 days per week. In-office benefits include lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchens, happy hours, a great location, and amazing views.
Our top priority is our people. We’re continuously investing in a culture that promotes collaboration. We help each other through challenges and celebrate each other's successes. We believe that modern workplaces succeed by virtue of having high-performance workforces that are diverse — in ideas, cultures, and experiences. We put in the effort to make such a workplace a daily reality and are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. #LI-Hybrid