Software Engineer, Backend Developer - Risk Engineering
About Clear Street:
Clear Street is building financial infrastructure for today’s institutions. Founded in 2018, Clear Street is an independent, non-bank prime broker replacing the legacy infrastructure used across capital markets.
We started from scratch by building a completely cloud-native clearing and custody system designed for today’s complex, global market. Our platform is fully integrated with central clearing houses and exchanges to support billions in trading volume per day. We’ve agonized about our data model abstractions, created horizontal scalability, and crafted thoughtful APIs. All so we can provide a best-in-class experience for our clients.
By combining highly-skilled product and engineering talent with seasoned finance professionals, we’re building the essentials to compete in today’s fast-paced markets.
- Architect new backend services and storage layers for risk based metrics
- Optimize data models for storage and reporting
- Design data ingestion pipelines in a distributed computing environment
- Collect and break down requirements to produce technical designs
- Collaborate with other tech teams, as well as business, operations, and compliance team members
The Risk Engineering (RENG) team aims to measure the portfolio risk of both our clients and the firm. As a member of RENG, you will become an expert in various risk methodologies (Reg-T, Portfolio Margin) to build efficient, scalable systems from the ground up to quantify and manage these risks in real-time.
- At least five (5) years of professional engineering experience.
- You have 5+ years of experience implementing scalable backend services with a statically-typed language (Go / Java preferred)
- You have data-wrangling experience with common scripting languages (Python preferred)
- You are familiar with common microservice architecture paradigms
- You have experience designing and working with APIs to expose information externally
- You leverage strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with non-technical business stakeholders, product managers, and engineers
- You are excited to explore new technologies and become an expert in our tech stack
- Financial risk modeling
- Integration experience with MSCI, NASDAQ
- Stream-processing experience, such as Beam and Flink
- Experience with Typescript/React
Tech Stack: Go, Python, Java, gRPC, Kafka, PostgreSQL, Snowflake, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Snowflake
The Base Salary Range for this role is $170,000 - $240,000. This range is representative of the starting base salaries for this role at Clear Street. Where a candidate falls in this range will be based on job related factors such as relevant experience, skills, and location. This range represents Base Salary only, which is just one element of Clear Street's total compensation. The range stated does not include other factors of total compensation such as bonuses or equity.
At Clear Street, we offer competitive compensation packages, company equity, 401k matching, gender neutral parental leave, and full medical, dental and vision insurance. Our belief has always been that we are better as a business when we are all together in person. As such, beginning on January 2, 2023, we are requiring employees to be in the office 4 days per week. In-office benefits include lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchens, happy hours, a great location, and amazing views.
Our top priority is our people. We’re continuously investing in a culture that promotes collaboration. We help each other through challenges and celebrate each other's successes. We believe that modern workplaces succeed by virtue of having high-performance workforces that are diverse — in ideas, in cultures, and in experiences. We put in the effort to make such a workplace a daily reality and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. #LI-Hyrbrid