About Clear Street Markets:
Clear Street Markets provides liquidity and transparency to electronic financial markets across the globe. Our skilled team of cross-functional experts engage in quantitative and algorithmic trading to generate exceptional results in highly competitive and rapidly changing global financial markets.
The dynamic real-time environment of market making means participants must be quick and calculated. Our researchers and data scientists work tirelessly to find patterns in massive amounts of noisy data that our sophisticated traders then use to guide their complex strategies.
We share ideas and collaborate to maximize our differing experiences and backgrounds, drawing inspiration from academia and parallel industries. Our teams employ state-of-the-art technologies and research methods to help find the next great trading opportunity.
By bringing together highly-skilled researchers, data scientists, and seasoned trading professionals in a collaborative, pragmatic environment, Clear Street Markets is able to thrive in today’s fast-paced markets.
As a Quantitative Researcher, you will focus on gathering insights from large, complex, heterogeneous datasets using statistical approaches and machine learning techniques to find patterns and predict market behaviors. You will work closely with traders to improve existing strategies, uncover new opportunities, and implement algorithms. The fast feedback loop the markets provide allows you to test new hypotheses, iterate, and push the limits of your models, strategies, and creativity.
- You will develop and implement quantitative trading strategies using statistical approaches and machine learning techniques.
- Prepare, clean, and normalize market and alternative data for research.
- Generate new trading signals and indicators utilizing statistical and machine learning methods.
- Create new tools to enhance signal calibration, and improve backtesting accuracy, and production analysis.
- Collaborate with other team members to share ideas, approaches, and techniques.
- Master's degree in a highly quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Physics, Math, Statistics, Engineering, etc.)
- Strong programming skills in Python and other statistical and machine learning programming languages.
- Deep understanding of statistical methods and machine learning techniques, and interest in applying your knowledge to trading.
- Experience with distributed computing and job schedulers for running large-scale statistical simulations.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with C++
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Passion for financial markets
- Share artifacts (short 0.5-1 page summary report, research paper, or software) that highlight your ideas for applications of machine learning to predict forward financial returns
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference.
- An environment that champions collaboration and prioritizes pragmatic solutions to complex problems.
- Work that is fast-paced, intellectually challenging, and most of all, profoundly rewarding.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks.
The Base Salary Range for this role is $125,000 -$200,000. This range is representative of the starting base salaries for this role at Clear Street. Where a candidate falls in this range will be based on job related factors such as relevant experience, skills, and location. This range represents Base Salary only, which is just one element of Clear Street's total compensation. The range stated does not include other factors of total compensation such as bonuses or equity.
We are requiring new employees to be in the office 4 days per week. #LI-Hybrid