Director, Prime Brokerage Risk
About Clear Street:
Clear Street is building financial infrastructure for today’s institutions. Founded in 2018, Clear Street is an independent, non-bank prime broker replacing the legacy infrastructure used across capital markets.
We started from scratch by building a completely cloud-native clearing and custody system designed for today’s complex, global market. Our platform is fully integrated with central clearing houses and exchanges to support billions in trading volume per day. We’ve agonized about our data model abstractions, created horizontal scalability, and crafted thoughtful APIs. All so we can provide a best-in-class experience for our clients.
By combining highly-skilled product and engineering talent with seasoned finance professionals, we’re building the essentials to compete in today’s fast-paced markets.
- You will monitor intraday and end of day risk and margin requirements across Prime Brokerage clients.
- Monitor market risk for US markets in OMS and risk systems and escalate to senior management as appropriate.
- Build margin/risk and stress test methodologies for Fixed Income and Equity Derivatives portfolios
- Generate and automate ad-hoc reports to highlight key risk factors across client portfolios
- Communicate risk observations with senior risk management and clients
- Assist the team in projects related to risk/margin platform builds
Your team will own risk across Clear Street's business lines, playing a crucial role in the success of our growing business. As a Risk Director, you will contribute to successfully creating, evolving, and executing risk frameworks and best practices. This is an impactful position that provides the opportunity to expand both your quantitative and client facing skill-sets.
- At least seven (7) years of experience in prime brokerage risk, trading risk role covering Fixed Income and Equity Derivatives at a bank or buy/sell side or hedge fund.
- Bachelor’s in Finance, Economics, Math or Financial Engineering, Master’s degree preferred.
- Python coding skill preferred
- Takes initiative and a strong team player.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills / ability to work on projects and partner closely with our engineering team.
- Strong analytical and quantitative aptitude.
- Experience with risk policy design and implementation.
The Base Salary Range for this role is $175,000 - $210,000. This range is representative of the starting base salaries for this role at Clear Street. Where a candidate falls in this range will be based on job-related factors such as relevant experience, skills, and location. This range represents Base Salary only, which is just one element of Clear Street's total compensation. The range stated does not include other factors of total compensation such as bonuses or equity.
At Clear Street, we offer competitive compensation packages, company equity, 401k matching, gender-neutral parental leave, and full medical, dental and vision insurance. Our belief has always been that we are better as a business when we are all together in person. As such, beginning on January 2, 2023, we are requiring employees to be in the office 4 days per week. In-office benefits include lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchens, happy hours, a great location, and amazing views.
Our top priority is our people. We’re continuously investing in a culture that promotes collaboration. We help each other through challenges and celebrate each other's successes. We believe that modern workplaces succeed by virtue of having high-performance workforces that are diverse — in ideas, cultures, and experiences. We put in the effort to make such a workplace a daily reality and are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. #LI-Hybrid