Software Engineer, Clearing & Settlement Systems
About Clear Street:
Clear Street is building financial infrastructure for today’s institutions. Founded in 2018, Clear Street is an independent, non-bank prime broker replacing the legacy infrastructure used across capital markets.
We started from scratch by building a completely cloud-native clearing and custody system designed for today’s complex, global market. Our platform is fully integrated with central clearing houses and exchanges to support billions in trading volume per day. We’ve agonized about our data model abstractions, created horizontal scalability, and crafted thoughtful APIs. All so we can provide a best-in-class experience for our clients.
By combining highly-skilled product and engineering talent with seasoned finance professionals, we’re building the essentials to compete in today’s fast-paced markets.
As an experienced Software Engineer, you will work with a team of passionate and highly collaborative engineers to build our core Platform for Clearing & Settlement. You will own the design and implementation of new features and services, turning the complexity of processing financial transactions across various asset classes into highly scalable services. You will tackle non trivial problems that will challenge you to flex your system design muscles, balance trade offs, and implement clean efficient code. As a voice of experience in the team, you will help mentor teammates, evolve our technical standards and best practices, and further our culture of system designs.
Our team is composed of highly talented and motivated engineers who are passionate about pushing the boundaries of financial technology. Working together, we have built a platform that serves institutional clients and is at the forefront of technological innovation. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies, collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds, and make a meaningful impact on the financial industry. We value creativity, innovation, and a strong work ethic, and we are committed to providing our team members with the support and resources they need to succeed.
- You have 6+ years of professional experience implementing highly scalable services (we implement our code in Golang (Go), but you may be more experienced in Java or C++).
- You have contributed to systems that deliver solutions to complex business problems that handle massive amounts of data. You are drawn towards scale, distributed systems, and associated technologies.
- You can clearly explain the nuances of system design and paradigms to engineers and stakeholders.
- You prioritize end user experience and it shows in your APIs design, functionality, and performance.
- You have a strong command over design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- You communicate technical ideas with ease and always look to collaborate to deliver high quality products.
- Your experience will help you mentor team members, define our engineering standards, and drive a system design approach to building new services.
- Preferred, but not required, experience on the Clearing & Custody Team Stack: Golang, gRPC, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes. Readiness to learn this stack is required.
- The opportunity to join a growing team of good people, where you can make a difference.
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features.
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology.
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks.