About Clear Street:
Clear Street is building modern infrastructure for capital markets. Founded in 2018 by industry veterans, Clear Street is an independent, non-bank prime broker designed to solve the industry’s most neglected problem: legacy technology.
We have built a proprietary, cloud-native, clearing and custody system to replace the legacy infrastructure used across capital markets, improving speed, access, and service for our clients. Today, we offer emerging managers and institutions everything they need to trade U.S. equities and options. In the future, our single-source platform will serve multiple investor types, across multiple asset classes, on a global scale.
By combining highly-skilled product and engineering talent with seasoned finance professionals, we’re building the essentials to compete in today’s fast-paced markets.
- Review contracts (including NDAs), documents, and certifications sent to clients/counterparties with guidance from attorneys
- Provide administrative support to attorneys - drafting, editing, and proofreading contracts and other documents
- Support all aspects of the legal department’s contract management activities, which include contract review and approval, signatures, repository file management, and responding to internal requests related to executed contracts
- Provide research on legal or compliance requirements from time to time
- Assist with the formation, maintenance, and dissolution of corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships, and other types of business entities
- Review and draft corporate documents, including corporate resolutions/actions and meeting minutes
- Interface with corporate service providers regarding statutory registered agent services
- Prepare a minute book in connection with incorporation and formation
- Perform other paralegal functions as assigned, including assisting the legal department on ad hoc projects
- A self-starter with the ability to work collaboratively and develop strong relationships with clients, outside counsel, and employees.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in GSuite, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; willingness to adapt to, and master, changing technology. Familiarity with contract lifecycle management (CLM) tools (e.g., LinkSquares, Ironclad).
- Ability to control a high volume and complex workload by prioritizing workflow and managing multiple schedules; ability to meet deadlines and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands with a minimum of direct supervision.
- Experience demonstrating the ability to work on own, to take initiative, and to ask questions when necessary; ability to conceptualize and manage complex projects while engaging resources from inside and outside the legal department.
- Keen attention to detail and strong proofreading skills.
- Ability to perform legal research.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and telephone skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings as needed.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues professionally, diplomatically, and confidentially.
- Requires a four-year degree or paralegal degree/certificate or relevant business experience
- New York Notary Public qualification is a plus.
The Base Salary Range for this role is $90,000 - $120,000. This range is representative of the starting base salaries for this role at Clear Street. Where a candidate falls in this range will be based on job-related factors such as relevant experience, skills, and location. This range represents Base Salary only, which is just one element of Clear Street's total compensation. The range stated does not include other factors of total compensation such as bonuses or equity.
At Clear Street, we offer competitive compensation packages, company equity, 401k matching, gender-neutral parental leave, and full medical, dental and vision insurance. Our belief has always been that we are better as a business when we are all together in person. As such, beginning on January 2, 2023, we are requiring employees to be in the office 4 days per week. In-office benefits include lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchens, happy hours, a great location, and amazing views.
Our top priority is our people. We’re continuously investing in a culture that promotes collaboration. We help each other through challenges and celebrate each other's successes. We believe that modern workplaces succeed by virtue of having high-performance workforces that are diverse — in ideas, cultures, and experiences. We put in the effort to make such a workplace a daily reality and are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.
Something looks off?