Senior Software Engineer, Backend - Trading Platform
About Clear Street:
Clear Street is building modern infrastructure for capital markets. Founded in 2018 by top Wall Street and Silicon Valley veterans, Clear Street is an independent, non-bank prime broker designed to solve the industry’s most neglected problem: legacy technology.
We have built a proprietary, cloud-native clearing and custody system from the ground floor to replace the outdated infrastructure used across capital markets. Our platform is fully integrated with central clearing houses and exchanges to support billions in trading volume per day. We’ve agonized about our data model abstractions, created horizontal scalability, and crafted thoughtful APIs. All so we can provide a best-in-class experience for our clients.
By combining highly-skilled product and engineering talent with seasoned finance professionals, we’re building the essentials to compete in today’s fast-paced markets.
- You will build scalable and reliable microservices for pre-trade, trade management, inventory management and pricing functions across the various Securities Finance businesses
- You will work closely with users (traders, customers, counterparties) and product to understand requirements and rapidly iterate on your functionality
- You will own your system end-to-end, including support and ongoing improvements
- You will develop a deep understanding of the business domain
The Securities Finance Engineering team builds trading platforms for various Securities Finance businesses including Securities Lending, Repo, Agency Lending and Delta 1. We are a team of specialists with skills across various aspects of engineering, quantitative modeling and product.
Clear Street is building out its Securities Finance Trading Platform from the ground up. Members of the team have the unique opportunity in the industry to build large scale, sophisticated trading systems on a modern and scalable technology stack from scratch.
We employ a wide variety of technologies including Java/Spring Boot (for our service mesh), React (front-end), python and R for ETL/Analytics and statistical modeling respectively. Clear Street Engineering provides a modern developer experience for engineers, including excellent CI/CD tooling and a managed k8s environment.
- 5+ years of experience building microservices in Java/Spring Boot
- Experience with relational databases like Postgres
- Experience with Kafka
- Understanding of Docker and container orchestration
- Experience in Securities Finance preferred but not required
- Experience building and rolling out a new product preferred
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference.
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks.
The Senior Level Base Salary Range is $170,000 - $240,000. This range is representative of the starting base salaries for this role at Clear Street. Which range a candidate fits into and where a candidate falls in the range will be based on job related factors such as relevant experience, skills, and location. This range represents Base Salary only, which is just one element of Clear Street's total compensation. The ranges stated do not include other factors of total compensation such as bonuses or equity.
At Clear Street, we offer competitive compensation packages, company equity, 401k matching, gender neutral parental leave, and full medical, dental and vision insurance. In-office benefits include lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchens, happy hours, a great location, and amazing views.
Our top priority is our people. We’re continuously investing in a culture that promotes collaboration. We help each other through challenges and celebrate each other's successes. We believe that modern workplaces succeed by virtue of having high-performance workforces that are diverse — in ideas, in cultures, and in experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and put in the effort to make such a workplace a daily reality. #LI-Hybrid