Software Engineer, API/ Backend (Mid/Senior Level)
This position is part of Clear Street’s professional and active trading division, CenterPoint, based in San Diego, CA (in Del Mar to be more precise), which offers an excellent work environment in a new office, and fantastic quality of life. Here, you will find an environment where ideas and input are welcomed, imagination is respected, and the future is bright. CenterPoint’s clients rely on the advanced tools and services that we help provide, but we’re just getting started! We welcome ambitious team members who share a passion for the world of online trading.
Become part of a growing team of software engineers tasked with developing the next generation of financial products and services to drive our growth into the future. This is a great opportunity to join our team of highly skilled professionals, where you can lead new initiatives and further develop your career.
- Experience developing trading platforms, with specific knowledge of trade order management and execution management systems.
- Ability to design, develop and maintain the API and order processing subsystems of the trading platform.
- Build and implement RESTful APIs to facilitate communication between the platform's front-end and back-end systems.
- Strong understanding of microservices architecture and experience with building and deploying microservices.
- Strong understanding of security principles, experience with securing web applications and infrastructure.
- Collaborate with the front-end team to ensure seamless integration of the API and order management systems with the platform's user interface.
- Monitor and troubleshoot system performance and take corrective action as necessary.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot and debug complex systems.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and industry trends to continuously improve the platform.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Financial Engineering or a related field.
- This person should have experience working in a collaborative, Agile environment and have a strong desire to continuously improve and grow their skills.
- The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, self-starter with a passion for technology and the ability to learn quickly. They will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and be able to deliver results with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of financial APIs, including FIX protocol
- Experience in API development using Python and Java.
- Cloud computing: AWS services such as EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, SNS and API Gateway.
- Microservices: Kubernetes, Docker, Argo, AWS Lambda Functions.
- Databases: Postgres, Snowflake, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB.
- Other: OAuth, Github, AWS IAM
The Base Salary Range for this role is $140,000 - $190,000. This range is representative of the starting base salaries for this role at Clear Street. Where a candidate falls in this range will be based on job related factors such as relevant experience, skills, and location. This range represents Base Salary only, which is just one element of Clear Street's total compensation. The range stated does not include other factors of total compensation such as bonuses or equity. As we’re under the Clear Street umbrella, we offer competitive compensation packages, company equity, 401k matching, gender neutral parental leave, and full medical, dental and vision insurance.
Our belief has always been that we are better as a business when we are all together in person. As such, beginning on January 2, 2023, we are requiring employees to be in the office 4 days per week. In-office benefits include lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchens, happy hours, a great location, and amazing views.
Our top priority is our people. We’re continuously investing in a culture that promotes collaboration. We help each other through challenges and celebrate each other's successes. We believe that modern workplaces succeed by virtue of having high-performance workforces that are diverse — in ideas, in cultures, and in experiences. We put in the effort to make such a workplace a daily reality and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. #LI-Hybrid
Something looks off?