React Native Engineer
If you can send your friends money in seconds, why does it still take your employer two weeks to send your paycheck?
At Clair, we are on a mission to create financial freedom for America's workers by giving them a digital banking platform that allows them to get paid as soon as they clock out of work. But we're not just another digital bank or on-demand pay provider. We meet Americans at their place of work by embedding our products within the scheduling, workforce management, and payroll apps they already use every day. And, as a social impact fintech, our promise to our users is simple: we'll never charge our users to access the money they've already worked for.
Learn more about us at getclair.com/about
Who we are looking for
Over the last three and a half years, we built our mobile app and banking infrastructure from the ground up. Our users love our app, and we are excited to bring Clair to more workers! We are looking for a well-rounded, team-focused React Native Engineer who cares about writing clean and well-designed code.
You will play a pivotal role in architecting, developing, deploying, and maintaining Clair's mobile app, a digital banking app built for hourly workers. We emphasize legible and succinct code, encourage proactive collaboration, and create opportunities for shared leadership. Bring your whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. Clair is dedicated to building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and is a certified Great Place to Work.
What you’ll do
You will work closely with the business and product teams to create the next generation digital bank. This includes:
- Working with the Product Team to create a seamless user experience
- Contributing ideas on how to improve the user experience as well as the quality and speed of delivery
- Implementing smooth animations and creative loading strategies that provide the polish of an excellent user experience
- Integrating with RESTful APIs including some third-party APIs
- Estimating effort thoughtfully and balancing priorities effectively
- Researching issues and come up with solutions for edge cases
Required Experience / Qualifications
- A strong familiarity with React / React Native / Mobile-first development
- Experience with Typescript
- 4+ years of experience working with product focused teams
- Experience working with state management tools such as React Query and Zustand
- Experience with React Native using the Expo framework targeting iOS, Android, and web
- Knowledge of camera, biometric and push notification functionality
- Comfort working with authorization frameworks such as OAuth security
- Familiarity with Mobile UI/UX design principles, accessibility, and best practices
Things we consider a plus
- Professional product management tools such as Jira
- DevOps experience using GitHub Actions
- Native iOS and/or Android development experience
- Git branch management and the Release Flow model
Need more convincing?
Apart from getting to work with our incredible team, here are some of the benefits you can expect when you join Clair:
- 100% Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage, with option to extend to your family
- Fully-paid parental leave
- Company-sponsored 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Unlimited vacation for salaried roles, generous PTO for hourly roles
- Work from home setup allowance
- Access to your earnings every day on Clair
- Company-sponsored short-term and long-term disability insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer Information
Clair is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?