Senior Manager, Accounts Payable
Circle is a financial technology company at the epicenter of the emerging internet of money, where value can finally travel like other digital data — globally, nearly instantly and less expensively than legacy settlement systems. This ground-breaking new internet layer opens up previously unimaginable possibilities for payments, commerce and markets that can help raise global economic prosperity and enhance inclusion. Our infrastructure – including USDC, a blockchain-based dollar – helps businesses, institutions and developers harness these breakthroughs and capitalize on this major turning point in the evolution of money and technology.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is committed to visibility and stability in everything we do. As we grow as an organization, we're expanding into some of the world's strongest jurisdictions. Speed and efficiency are motivators for our success and our employees live by our company values: Multistakeholder, Mindfulness, Driven by Excellence and High Integrity. Circlers are consistently evolving in a remote world where strength in numbers fuels team success. We have built a flexible and diverse work environment where new ideas are encouraged and everyone is a stakeholder.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a Senior Manager of Accounts Payable that will be responsible for driving the standardized accounts payable process and transformative initiatives, which includes future-ready procedures, tools, and team capabilities. This position will be responsible for delivering the company’s accounts payable and expense policies and procedures. The Senior Manager will supervise and direct the accounts payable personnel on a daily basis, as well as ensure the completeness and accuracy of AP and expense processes while collaborating with all departments and vendors to ensure timely and accurate processing of vendor invoices, credit memos, and payments.
What you'll work on:
- Delivering process improvement and best practices experience across all Circle entities.
- Training, documenting and delivering AP and expense management functions.
- Partnering and solving problems with internal stakeholders and vendors alike to resolve and deliver results.
- Owning full-cycle accounts payable including tracking, recording, coding, approval routing and payment posting.
- Delivering month end close activities.
- Serving as subject matter expert for AP systems, implementations,and execution.
- Mentoring, training, and coaching team of 1-2 direct reports to enable operational excellence across payables and expense reimbursement.
- Partnering closely with procurement and business owners to obtain required invoice approvals.
- Managing vendor data, researching and resolving variances.
- Partnering with accounting teams to ensure accuracy and accountability to GL reporting - including account reconciliations and journal entry posting.
- Monitoring and effectively managing the accounts payable aging reports.
- Implementing policies and procedures to help improve efficiencies.
- Performing moderately complex accounting tasks/analysis, categorizing data for reporting and audit purposes.
- Applying general knowledge of accounting/government policies and procedures when responding to written and verbal inquiries from stakeholders.
- Supporting GAAP audits and government compliance audits.
- Performing ad hoc duties as assigned.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- 10+ years of work experience in a high growth accounting environment.
- 3+ years of experience managing and leading teams.
- Proficiency in finance and accounting systems (Zip, Ramp, Sage Intacct, Bill.com, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly comprehend new information and technologies.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, experience working with operations team/non-accounting professionals and dealing with complex accounting/project codes/org codes.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and plan work activities.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
The compensation range below is specific to Chicago, IL. Actual starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Base Pay Range: $145,000 - $195,000
Annual Bonus Target: 17.50%
Also Included: Equity & Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Circle has a discretionary vacation policy. We also provide 10 days of paid sick leave per year and 11 paid holidays per year in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Additionally, Circle participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.