Vendor Management & Engagement Manager
Circle is a financial technology company at the epicenter of the emerging internet of money, where value can finally travel like other digital data — globally, nearly instantly and less expensively than legacy settlement systems. This ground-breaking new internet layer opens up previously unimaginable possibilities for payments, commerce and markets that can help raise global economic prosperity and enhance inclusion. Our infrastructure – including USDC, a blockchain-based dollar – helps businesses, institutions and developers harness these breakthroughs and capitalize on this major turning point in the evolution of money and technology.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is committed to visibility and stability in everything we do. As we grow as an organization, we're expanding into some of the world's strongest jurisdictions. Speed and efficiency are motivators for our success and our employees live by our company values: Multistakeholder, Mindfulness, Driven by Excellence and High Integrity. Circlers are consistently evolving in a remote world where strength in numbers fuels team success. We have built a flexible and diverse work environment where new ideas are encouraged and everyone is a stakeholder.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Vendor Manager is responsible for driving consistency, measurement, and risk mitigation across Circle’s Vendor Base. Partnering with stakeholders, risk management teams and our vendors to deliver world class vendor and engagement management at Circle. This includes future-ready, tools, scorecarding and team capabilities. This role will be responsible for delivering the company vendor management policies and procedures. They will build scorecards, 360 measurement, and capture holistic risk profile information to inform Circle of Vendor relationships. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable with measuring vendor KPIs, inventory (criticality/risk, contract dates, renewals etc), contractual SLAs, and establishing a core structure of vendor data integrity.
What you'll work on:
- Providing oversight of key vendors, including designing and monitoring risk profiles.
- Documenting best practices and minimum standards for managing vendors (Routines, incident management, etc.).
- Inventory and categorize accurate vendor data.
- Performance Management and risk monitoring- Ensure quality execution of program requirements.
- Creating and publishing scorecards that measure vendor performance and monitor key risks. Scorecard should capture key service level agreements.
- Holding recurring Vendor reviews with critical vendors and key stakeholders.
- Accountable for Vendor offboarding and ensuring critical contractual elements are completed.
- Driving training and change management through engagement and job aids to help educate stakeholders in support of holistic vendor management.
- Partnering closely with procurement, accounts payable and stakeholders owners to manage vendor creation and data quality.
- Managing vendor data, research and resolve variances.
- Establishing vendor data programs and reporting/management around ESG, Diversity and Tiering.
- Monitoring and effectively managing the vendor scorecards.
- Implementing policies and procedures to help improve vendor delivery and management.
- Performing moderately complex tasks/analysis, categorizing data for reporting and audit purposes.
- Performing ad hoc duties as assigned.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- B.S. degree in Supply Chain, Management, Finance or related field or the equivalent business-experience.
- 7+ years of work experience in a high growth Procurement environment.
- Must be proficient with Gsuite and able to quickly adapt to other Finance and Accounting systems (Zip, Ramp, Sage Intacct, Bill.com etc)
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; high degree of accuracy.
- Capable of quickly comprehending new information and technologies.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, comfortable working with operations team/non-accounting professionals, deal with complex accounting/project codes/org codes.
- Analytical/problem solving – ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities.
- Must be team oriented, willing to operate within a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
The compensation range below is specific to San Francisco, CA. Actual starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Base Pay Range: $127,500 - $170,000
Annual Bonus Target: 15%
Also Included: Equity & Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Circle has a discretionary vacation policy. We also provide 10 days of paid sick leave per year and 11 paid holidays per year in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Additionally, Circle participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.