Senior Front End Engineer
About the role
Chime is looking for software engineers to join our fast growing team where you’ll work on our member facing products and iterate on our banking platform.
We are looking for front-end React engineers who will help us build delightful experiences for our members. As a senior engineer, you will be responsible for leadership, mentorship, and be hands on in the development lifecycle. Chime is a collaborative environment where you will need to lead through influence, collaborate with cross functional partners, and keep our users’ needs top of mind.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $149,300 and up to $207,000. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Exercise technical leadership on highly visible products
- Provide fullstack support (if applicable) or work with backend engineers to design and integrate platform APIs
- Mentor, document, and share knowledge as part of your immediate team as well as through Chime Engineering as a whole
- Lead projects by defining timelines, managing scope, overseeing development, and ensuring quality
- Participate in a community of practice (guild) around how our frontend ecosystem is architected, developed, tested, deployed, and released. Foster the community’s creativity, innovation, and learning.
To thrive in this role, you have
- Deep knowledge and ability to navigate all aspects of React.js development, with 5+ years of active web development experience
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player as well as a top level individual contributor
- Experience with A/B testing, or other experimental designs, to determine what solutions best meet our users’ needs
- Desire to drive engineering culture within your immediate team, as well as within the larger organization
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work with cross-functional partners to define requirements, manage scope, and execute on software projects
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.
Something looks off?