Senior Associate, FP&A (Data & Operations)
We are seeking a Senior Associate (Data & Operations) to build out the FP&A team at Chime! As a finance team member, you will have a key role in developing and shaping our business and financial strategy and driving several high-impact cross-functional initiatives at the company.
As we continue to scale our business, you will support ongoing improvements to our financial planning processes and collaborate cross-functionally to design new workflows to support our growth. In addition, you will be working closely with financial and transaction data, in partnership with Data Analytics, to help draw actionable insights and uncover risks and opportunities for Chime.
To be successful in this role, you will need to build strong relationships with key partners at all levels and influence them to drive operational excellence for the business. That includes leading or supporting system automation, data integration and analysis, and other finance transformation initiatives to increase team productivity and forecast accuracy. You are also data savvy and enjoy diving into large sets of data to drive decision making and accelerate growth. We are looking for a highly motivated, organized, and solution-oriented individual who can plan and execute effectively while being able to adapt quickly to changes in our growing business.
- Challenge the status quo! Proactively find opportunities to optimize legacy financial models and improve inefficiencies in existing processes.
- Lead Workday Adaptive Planning continued buildout and enhancements to better leverage system capabilities for forecasting, scenario planning and reporting efficiencies.
- Build scalable financial models and management reporting templates that can be leveraged by other members of the Finance team.
- Partner with Data Engineering and Analytics to automate our data pulls and financial forecasting using systems to allow more time for impactful analysis, while ensuring a high degree of data integrity, consistency, and accuracy.
- Incorporate your understanding of our business model, industry/macroeconomic trends, and Chime’s transaction data to help identify useful insights and guide the company towards achieving its goals in an operationally sustainable manner.
- Collaborate with Data Analytics to develop dashboards to share financial performance and business findings with executives to facilitate faster decision-making and greater clarity.
- Develop a consistent framework for Finance, including standardization of processes and development of future state workflows that will reduce problems / gaps and generate efficiencies for both finance team members and business partners.
- Support ad hoc finance transformation projects, automation, tool implementation, and data optimization initiatives to drive operational improvements at scale.
- 4+ years of finance/FP&A, business intelligence, investment banking, or consulting experience.
- A Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or relevant field.
- Strong familiarity and in-depth experience with Workday Adaptive Planning tool
- A hunger for operational improvement, systems automation, and quantitative analysis. Constantly finding ways to add new value, deliver outcome, and be more efficient.
- Proven ability to manage time with multiple priorities and opposing deadlines.
- A strong sense of ownership and commitment to quality. Working diligently to navigate ambiguity/obstacles and drive projects to completion.
- Strong attention to detail, superior communication skills, and the ability to adopt changes and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills required.
- Basic knowledge of SQL to query data preferred.
- Prior experience with Adaptive Insights, Netsuite, Looker, Snowflake, Workday, Google Sheets/Slides, and scripting language (python or R) is a plus!
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
- We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
Something looks off?