Senior Associate, Licensing
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced licensing professional to join our Compliance team to support the licensing program for Chime’s money transmission and lending offerings. Reporting to the Director of Regulatory Affairs, this individual will be a key contributor in ensuring that we are meeting all licensing obligations while also maintaining positive relationships with the various regulators. This role provides an excellent opportunity for a talented candidate to deploy their highly-organized program management skills in a fast-paced and rigorous environment, enhance their compliance skills, and to carve out opportunities to grow and develop. As we expand, your ideas and contributions will make an immediate and important impact. Come with a sense of adventure, collaboration, and curiosity!
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $103,680 and up to $144,000. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Track and maintain all state licenses for Chime.
- Coordinate, prepare and submit all license applications, reports (quarterly, semiannual, annual, and other reports, as required) and renewals accurately and in a timely manner.
- Manage relationships with internal partners to source data and other information needed to fulfill licensing reporting requirements.
- Support the preparation of responses for supervisory examinations.
- Correspond with regulators on regulatory requests via email, phone, and postal mail. Maintain records of the correspondence.
- Maintain current information and data required for licenses such as officer and director information, bonds and registrations, financial and corporate material changes, company website license listings and important dates and deadlines.
- Prepare notifications and forms related to any and all material changes to the company as required by state regulators.
- Manage surety bond requirements and vendor relationships.
- Monitor and track regulatory and supervisory developments and coordinate with internal partners to implement new requirements.
- Help the Legal and Compliance team create and implement tools and processes to increase efficiency and improve accuracy.
- Manage projects effectively, with a team-oriented approach and strong attention to detail.
- Communicate key updates to internal stakeholders and manage expectations for key deliverables.
To thrive in this role, you have:
- 5+ years experience in legal, compliance or regulatory affairs
- B.A./B.S degree, paralegal certificate a plus
- Excellent organizational, communication and relationship management skills with a very high attention to detail
- Ability to work with team members at all levels while remaining proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism, collaboration and discretion
- Ability to prioritize numerous requests under time pressure
- Motivated to work independently and as an effective team member
- Experience working with state agencies, company executives a plus
- Experience in licensing, including lending or mortgage licensing a plus
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.