About the role
We’re seeking a Senior Accountant that will play a critical role supporting the Accounting function at Chime! This role will report to the Senior Accounting Manager and will be a part of the team that is critical to the company’s month-end close process. In this role, you will have the opportunity to improve the efficiency of close processes, take ownership over key GL areas and be involved in supporting major projects that impact the entire accounting organization.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $75,330 and up to $102,500. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Actively be involved in the monthly close process, including the preparation of reports and analysis and reviewing various journal entries of staff
- Prepare journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and flux analysis at month-end close
- Prepare monthly accruals and adjustments
- Help document, implement and maintain appropriate accounting policies, processes and internal controls
- Improve existing processes, controls, and documentation, suggest and implement improvements to scale and automate manual procedures
- Collaborate with key-cross-functional partners including finance, data analytics, marketing, card operations and others on a variety of projects
- Support the accounting team on critical accounting projects, including the implementation of system improvements, new product launches and other ad-hoc items
- Assist in technical accounting matters to support the organization, accounting, and reporting the appropriate application of U.S. GAAP
- Support external audit requirements
- Assist in financial reporting during the month-end and quarterly close process
To thrive in this role, you have
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of accounting or finance experience. Big 4 public accounting preferred.
- CPA, or CPA candidate preferred, with strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to achieve results.
- Excellent organizational, time and self-management skills & ability to prioritize
- Team player with a positive attitude that embraces change and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, proactive and faces challenges head-on
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, with the ability to manipulate and digest mass amounts of data
- Bonus Experience: Month-end close, accruals, and stock-based compensation experience, Netsuite, Looker, Coupa, and Google sheets
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.