Software Developer, Financial Platform
About the role
We are looking for a Software Engineer to help build our new financial platform that is highly reliable, scalable, and will serve as the backbone for Chime. This platform will power the most important financial activities that millions of Chime members undertake every day. You will ensure that we build the highest levels of trust with our members by making our platform lightning-fast, available, secure, resilient and auditable. This is an exciting opportunity to be an invaluable member of a strategically important initiative for Chime.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $102,400 and up to $128,000 CAD. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Design, develop, test, and deploy components of a new financial platform
- Deliver secure, reliable, and high-performance infrastructure and APIs
- Work with our infrastructure engineering team to minimize the operational overhead of production systems you deploy
- Develop thoroughly tested code and conduct quality assurance on all new code alongside our QA team
- Learn and execute on agile methodologies, follow test driven development approach
- Be on an on-call rotation to address any issues with the platform
To thrive in this role you
- Must have experience in Go
- Experience in additional backend languages such as Ruby, Java and Python is preferred
- Have 4+ years of engineering experience
- Have contributed to the development of backend systems
- Experience in payment processing systems
- Take a rigorous approach to testing backed development
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms, Cloud Native technology, No-SQL Databases as a bonus!
- Have an understanding of architectural patterns of large, mission-critical production services as a bonus!
- Have worked in continuous integration/deployment environments as a bonus!
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ RRSP match plus extended health, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime Financial Canada, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Canadian federal and provincial law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.