About the Role
We are looking for a risk analyst who is data-driven and has strong analytical & technical skills. In this role, you will work in the fraud risk team and will play a key role in evaluating , monitoring portfolio and mitigating losses (fraud and synthetic ID losses). You’ll work closely with risk, data engineering, analytics, and finance teams, and interact with business stakeholders across many departments.
Goals will be based around empathizing with our members’ pain points, working to improve their Chime experience, and ensuring that bad actors are unable to exploit our members or monetize our platform. The ongoing pursuit of creating a fraud free, frictionless experience for our members is never ending, but is forever rewarding and exciting.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $133,300 and up to $185,100. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Work closely with the team on evaluating and monitoring key risk metrics related to fraud losses and member experience for example dispute rates, credits, reversals, chargebacks, recovery rates, write-offs, etc.
- Deep dive into past and ongoing trends and provide data driven insights to create solutions to problems as well as dashboards for constant monitoring
- Create strategies to mitigate losses and partner with xfn teams (product, engg, ops) to implement them
- Create dashboards and monitor performance across relevant dimensions and create alerts to highlight any anomalies or unusual trends
- Work closely with Data Science and Machine Learning teams to segment customers based on risk and help automate the processes to build scalable solutions
To thrive in this role, you have
- 2-5 years of analytical experience
- Experience working with large datasets
- Excellent SQL programming skills, advanced Microsoft Excel skills, and preferably experience in Python, R, SAS, or similar language
- Experience in creating portfolio performance monitoring dashboards using Tableau, Looker, Hex, or a similar business intelligence tool
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of banking customer onboarding/KYC, payment processing, and an understanding of industry risk trends, including familiarity with risk strategy development
- Exceptional detail orientation and organizational skills, you are eager to solve challenging analytical problems for the business
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitatively rigorous discipline like engineering, statistics, math, or economics is preferred
- A passion for Chime’s mission
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.