Director, Technical Accounting and SOX
About the role
Chime is looking to hire a Technical Accounting and SOX Director to its Accounting team. This role is a crucial role that will assist in overseeing the application of technical accounting guidance as well as overseeing the implementation of our controls environment. As Chime’s Director Technical Accounting / SOX, you will be responsible for working with internal and external parties in a fast paced, public company environment, supporting the Controllership organization.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $168,570 and up to $238,900. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Identify, research and document the Company’s technical accounting matters and provide operational accounting support for complex areas such as Derivatives, Financial Guarantees, Equity, Capitalized Software etc.
- Emerging accounting literature – Monitor pronouncements and projects of the FASB, preparing briefings and summaries for presentation to senior management and education to Accounting team
- Assist with development and analysis of the company’s policies and procedures, educate broader accounting team on application of policies and drive the implementation of any changes in policy or adoption of new GAAP Standards
- Support certain aspects of financial reporting including preparation of annual and quarterly financial statements, and disclosures that meet SEC Standards as well as support internal management reporting needs
- Coordinate with Internal Audit to drive SOX compliance, including Company’s effort to design, implement and maintain our SOX compliance program
- Act as the ‘go-to’ person for internal controls within the Company and provide reliable and insightful resources for implementing controls within a business process in an efficient and effective manner
To thrive in this role, you have
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance and CPA preferred with 10+ years of experience in accounting and SOX; including Big 4 public accounting experience
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage a process, work under pressure, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment. Verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Ability to get in the details and operate independently and as part of a larger functional team
- Accounting research and problem solving skills required with a strong understanding of accounting principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to partner cross functionally beyond finance and accounting
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.