Sr. Manager Disputes Experience
About the role
As a Senior Manager, Dispute Transformation, you will be leading the three year business strategy focusing on growth, reduction of customer friction and driving automation to reduce the servicing cost of supporting fraud and merchant claims. As a Senior Manager you will lead teams of process and performance management experts focusing on our nextgen disputes program, focused on reducing customer friction and simultaneously reducing the cost to service fraud and merchant claims in Chime. Our three year journey will focus on Key Performance metrics designed to maximize investigation decision accuracy and member experience, minimize time to resolution, and maintain regulatory compliance across third party and internal operations.
As the leader of the Disputes Transformation journey you will partner cross-functionally with our Product, Analytics, Risk, Member Services, and Compliance Teams in scoping, defining, and prioritizing projects, and shipping tooling enhancements. The ideal candidate is a seasoned dispute investigations and process optimization leader with a vision to lead Chime through step changes in our intake and claims process supporting Chime members in key moments that matter. A proven history of balancing fraud/risk and member experience needs. You will drive innovation and inclusion throughout our Dispute Investigation Operations, and ensure our teams have the tools, procedures, and leadership necessary to be successful.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $162,900 and up to $186,930. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
Develop strong, collaborative relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to strategically develop, implement and optimize dispute investigations processes, tools, and policies to achieve performance objectives while mitigating regulatory, reputational, and financial riskIdentify and resolve Dispute Investigation process and documentation gaps.
As the leader of our three year journey, you will team up with the product, analytics, member services, and compliance teams to justify proposed changes through forecasting the impact to customer experience, regulatory/reputational risk, operational expenses, and/or fraud losses. You will be a leader, celebrating excellent performance and empower your team to improve areas of opportunity. Focusing on Chime’s focus on building talent, you will hire and develop team members as the business grows. You will own and assess your team’s progress toward the OKR and other performance goals. Working with Product, Risk and Engineering you will prioritize the highest impact initiatives, and communicate what needs to fall to management and stakeholders.
To thrive in this role, you have
- 6+ years of Card Issuer Dispute Operations (Reg E and/or Reg Z) experience; 3+ of those years in a management role that included sourcing and hiring talent, scaling operations, and providing ongoing coaching and feedback to team members.
- The belief it’s integral to lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them
- A passion for identifying problems and finding the best possible solution. Automation and optimization are two of your greatest strengths, and you possess strong prioritizing and project management skills
- The ability to analyze, summarize, and communicate findings and issues drawn from facts and apply complex legal and regulatory requirements in a technically competent manner
- The ability to foster a cohesive and creative work environment with internal and remote teams and across multiple time zones
- Advanced Microsoft Office or G Suite skills and dashboarding experience using data visualization tools such as Looker
- The ability to travel within the US and internationally as required
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 📝 Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state, and Cook County ordinances. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.