Data Analytics Intern
About the role
You will leverage Chime’s data to better understand our members and craft narratives using data to drive critical business decisions. Example projects include: analyses of consumer expenditure patterns, evaluating member deposit behavior, and designing dashboards and reports that help us track our core KPI’s.
You will gain valuable professional experience working closely with senior analysts on the Strategy & Finance Analytics team and play a role in helping us better understand Chime’s core user base.
This role is structured as a 3 month engagement. For Colorado based roles: In accordance with applicable law, this role has a starting hourly rate of $42.00. The actual pay may be higher depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Learn to become a comprehensive data practitioner by executing best practices in data analysis, mining, and visualization.
- Leverage Chime’s transactions data to better understand member behavior and presenting insights to key stakeholders.
- Deliver an end-to-end analytics project that generates novel insights and provides data-driven recommendations on critical business initiatives
To thrive in this role, you have/are:
- Currently or recently pursued an Masters or undergraduate degree in Mathematics, Business, Economics, or related field
- Available to work in the SF office 16 hours per week
- Interested in pursuing a career in Data Analytics or Fintech
- Want to learn SQL &/or Python and learn how to navigate large relational databases
- A willingness to get down and dirty to wrangle our complex datasets
- An eye for design with strong attention to detail to build comprehensive dashboards that track our core KPI’s
- Strong communication skills and a willingness to ask both basic & tough questions
- Are adaptable and are able to pivot when you hit unexpected challenges or technical roadblocks
- Have a passion to help everyday Americans begin their financial journey and develop financial literacy
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
Perks once Full-Time
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.