Senior Engineering Manager
About the Role
Chime is looking for a seasoned engineering leader to help manage and guide the Data team to drive the company to build scalable and self-serve data foundation and platform. As a Senior Engineering Manager in the Data team, you will lead the effort to enable Chime to democratize data with stronger governance.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $188,500 and up to $267,100. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Support our partners e.g analytics, product, data science and other stakeholders through providing high quality, reliable, and security data platforms.
- Lead, mentor, and support engineering teams, fostering a culture of collaboration, growth, and engagement.
- Collaborate with engineers,engineering managers, product and project managers, privacy legal team to drive alignment and successful execution
- Lead a high-caliber team of engineers and managers to solve data problems.
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement. Establish a sense of urgency and direction, set expectations with team and individuals.
- Partner with your team and other teams to prioritize work, triage issues and eliminate obstacles in the team’s path
To thrive in this role, you have
- 5+ years of experience managing data and software engineering teams.
- Strong experience in supporting teams to build scalable Data Platforms.
- Strong experience mentoring engineers and managers through considerate, timely and thoughtful feedback.
- Strong experience with navigating through the end to end life cycle of large scale projects in a high growth environment.
- A commitment to promote a diverse and inclusive environment where team members feel valued, respected, and empowered
- A track record of identifying areas of improvement and implementing best practices to improve team and organization effectiveness
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for fostering collaboration and alignment among diverse stakeholders
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.