Senior Software Engineer, Data
About the Role
The Data engineering team has been created keeping in mind the importance and criticality of data for the overall success of Chime. The mission of the group is to build a scalable data platform that caters to the data plumbing needs of Chime. As one of the core members of a foundation team, you will have the rare opportunity to build scalable streaming computation systems used by all Chimers. Additionally, you will have the unique opportunity to architect and build workflows that could potentially become de facto standards for the fintech industry.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $149,300 and up to $232,000. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Be a hands-on data engineer, building, scaling and optimizing self-serve ETL frameworks that can handle both streaming and batch processing
- Design and build data observability framework.
- Own the ETL workflows and make sure the pipeline meets data quality and availability requirements
- Work closely with other data engineering teams to integrate schema registry and establish data lineage for all data domains
- Work closely with our stakeholder teams, like Data Science, Product Engineering, Analytics to help them with their data computation needs
- Joint ownership of all aspects of data - data quality, data governance, data and schema design, data quality and security
To thrive in this role, you have
- 5+ years of experience with any of the data computation engines like Spark (AWS Glue), Flink, Storm, Heron, Samza
- 5+ years of hands-on experience to build and deploy production-quality data pipelines
- Understanding of key metrics for data pipelines and has built solutions to provide visibility to partner teams
- 3+ years of hands-on experience using any of the Data warehouses like Snowflake, AWS Redshift, BigQuery or Teradata
- Familiarity with Python and have some experience with Airflow, Terraform and one of the cloud computing services
- Track record of successful partnerships with Analytics, Data Science, Security, DevOps and Product Engineering teams
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.