About the role
You will play a substantial role in driving business decisions by crafting insights and analytics with teams such as Product, Marketing, Finance and Operations. In this role, you will contribute or lead multi-functional projects that apply data to advise and influence strategic decision-making. Chime is member-obsessed and this role is important in driving our understanding of how our members use and interact with Chime through data.
We're hiring across several levels. The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $119,800 and up to $186,600. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Keep a pulse on performance metrics and KPIs. You will be positioned to have a view of the business, product and member base and encouraged to understand and explain trends.
- Be an arbiter of truth with data. You’ll use data to help the organization understand how members are interacting with Chime and convert that to business and experience implications.
- Learn. Chime’s business rapidly evolves and you will too, from a business insight and technical perspective.
- Partner widely. You’ll work hand-in-hand with stakeholders across Marketing, Product, Finance Operations & Member Experience, and Risk. The stronger these partnerships, the more successful you and Chime will be.
- Ask why a lot. Your proactive inquisitiveness, supported by your data dexterity, means you’re leading first-of-its-kind analyses.
To thrive in this role, you have
- 3+ years in data-focused roles (post-internship), building analytical infrastructure and data tools that support a wide audience and facilitate decisions of trade-offs. Please enter the term 'summerchime' when applying to acknowledge that you have read the job description.
- Stakeholder management experience and a Northstar for how Analytics partners with business units.
- Expertise in SQL - you innately translate business questions to queries, understand the edge cases of joins, and with dexterity explore a warehouse to find data most appropriate to the problem.
- Familiarity in R or python - you write reproducible code and have a tendency toward automation.
- Sound statistical inference skills, with the ability to communicate uncertainty appropriately to business partners.
- A focus on impact - you don’t stop with just recommendations but ensure to see work through to changing the business.
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.
Chime requires employees to be fully vaccinated (and boosted if eligible) against COVID-19 in order to work in one of its offices, join Company-sponsored activities, or travel for business purposes. This job may require periodic office attendance and/or business travel and therefore candidates will need to be eligible for these activities by their start date.