Senior Database Performance Engineer
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, March 9, 2021
Cherre is the leader in real estate data and insight. We connect decision makers to accurate property and market information, and help them make faster, smarter decisions. By providing a unique "single source of truth," Cherre empowers customers to evaluate opportunities and trends faster and more accurately, while saving millions of dollars in manual data collection and analytics costs.
Cherre's platform combines transaction and analytical data and makes it available through multiple interfaces and APIs. We need an expert who can improve query performance and contribute towards architectural decisions, taking into consideration the constraints created by the different use cases for data and the complexities introduced by Microservices, containers and container orchestration.
This role is open for #BI-Remote or #Hybrid
- Optimize the existing data platform for both performance and reliability
- Optimize SQL/NoSQL database queries, stored procedures, triggers, user defined functions, analytic functions, etc
- Read and Optimize Query Plans
- 7-10 years experience in engineering
- BS in CS or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with both large scale transaction and analytical database technologies
- Experience with service oriented architecture and good understanding of distributed systems, data stores, data modeling, and indexing (especially with Event Sourcing and/or CQRS)
- Hands on experience with SQL and large-scale distributed storage and database systems
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and communicate well with both technical and non-technical teams
Strong Candidates will Have
- Hands on experience developing APIs and SDKs
- Range of Healthcare Plans
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Credit
- Unlimited Vacation
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Compensation Range: $120,000 - $250,000+
If this opportunity sounds interesting, apply or reach out to our internal talent team. We are happy to tell you more about Cherre: the technology we work with, the problems we solve, the team we are assembling, and the culture we all contribute to. We are excited you are considering working with us and look forward to hearing from you!
“At the top of the mountain we are all snow leopards.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Cherre is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on hiring the best people for the job no matter their race, sex, orientation, nationality, religion, disability, or age.
See more open positions at Cherre
Something looks off?