Check is a payroll-as-a-service API that lets you embed payroll directly in your vertical SaaS, HR, or time-tracking platform. Our API abstracts away the complexities of running payroll: tax calculation, remittance, and filing, plus the movement of money between companies and employees. This enables companies to easily build fully integrated payroll products to offer to their customers. We’re proud to share that Check now powers payroll for platforms that together support over 3 million workers across more than 170,000 small and mid-sized businesses.
Check’ is seeking a Collections Specialist who is highly motivated to build and execute a collections program. As a Collection Specialist, you will be a part of the Legal team, protecting Check from financial loss while delivering a world-class customer experience and helping to make Check the safest and most secure payroll solution.
For this role, we are looking for a Collections Specialist with experience working on company collections and recovery processes, the drive to lead and manage an important company initiative, an entrepreneurial mindset, and a desire to help us develop our procedures. The ideal candidate thrives in a cross-functional environment and is eager to work deeply with our partners, legal, operations, engineering, and product teams to ensure we are effectively supporting our customers, minimizing risk, and continuing to build better tools and systems.
In this role, you will:
- Build and execute our company collections process efficiently with attention to detail and clear communication both internally and externally with our partners and customers
- Take action in order to encourage timely payments. Develop customer options to cure exposure and opportunities to reduce future exposures.
- Contact customers and discuss overdue payments. Communication and exceptional customer service skills are essential.
- Develop and maintain collections policy and process documents, training other operators, team members, and partners as needed
- Work alongside Check’s R&D teams to improve our enrollment and credit risk processes, tools, and systems
Many backgrounds could fit this role, but ideal candidates will have some or all of the following:
- 2 - 4 years of experience in collections and credit risk or similar fintech analytics role
- Experience at a fast-paced, data-driven tech company
- Excellent time management and prioritization
- Strong communication skills
- Are detailed-oriented and capable of managing a process from start to finish
- Are eager to help develop new processes and iterate on existing ones
- Enjoy working with members from across the organization and with customers
- Willingness and ability to attend our annual 3-day company offsite in the fall
Travel and Office Policy
The Check team is distributed across the US and Canada and we have offices in New York City and San Francisco. While we welcome remote work, we believe time together in person is valuable and important. We offer ample opportunities and encourage employees to attend team offsite, events, and hackathons a couple of times a year! We expect all employees to be willing to attend our annual 3-day company offsite in the fall.
For our in-office and hybrid employees, our offices are open all week. We provide meals on Tuesdays and Thursdays and the team hosts regular happy hours, game nights, etc.
What we offer:
In the US, Check offers company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, short-term/long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage to all full-time employees, effective on their first day of work. We also provide stock options, flexible PTO and sick leave, 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents flexible return-to-work, 9 annual holidays, a 401k retirement plan, and a $100 monthly stipend for home internet and mobile phone expenses. Benefits may vary outside the US.
The expected annual salary for this role is between $92,500 and $102,500, dependent upon each candidate’s unique experience and qualifications.
Check participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Check does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.