Solutions Engineer - Enterprise
As a Solutions Engineer at Sift, you are the bridge between the customer-facing team and the engineering and product teams. You explain complex ideas to customers and relay customer needs to engineering and product. When a customer’s needs and our product don’t fully align, you’re the internal customer advocate who drives critical solution changes and refinements to our offerings.
What you’ll do:
- Own the most complex customer issues: Solutions Engineering is a team of highly technical customer-facing experts. You’ll partner closely with our Technical Account Management and Support Engineering teams to onboard Enterprise accounts, and make sure they maximize Sift value. This team is responsible for building a deep understanding of customers’ business problems, technical requirements and success criteria -- empowering customers to solve complex business problems.
- Support the customer lifecycle: You will be the customer’s technical point of contact throughout their relationship with Sift. You’ll understand the customer's business and technical needs. Day to day this involves understanding the nuances of their integration, working alongside Sift’s data science team to ensure the customer’s machine learning model health, meticulously whiteboarding the flow of their data to expand their integration, and being the internal voice of the customer. In short, you’ll do whatever it takes to make the customer successful.
- Automate and Optimize: You will apply your deep technical and customer knowledge to help iterate on and improve internal and external processes. For some customers, you’ll write custom queries and scripts to calculate metrics to prove ROI, and optimize recurring processes. Internally, you will automate tasks, and take innovative approaches to problem-solving that will have the power to help guide internal decision-making.
What would make you a strong fit:
- 5+ years in a technical customer-facing role
- Close cross-functional collaboration with data science, engineering and product
- Outstanding communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex technical and business concepts to developers and non-developers
- Creative, coachable, collaborative, goal-oriented, and thoughtful. You have a strong work ethic and are committed to excellence
- You have a growth mindset - you enjoy learning new skills, and applying it to technical challenges.
- You are resourceful and proactive. If something seems strange, you’ll investigate. You are not afraid of challenging the status quo
- Experience writing scripts to build internal tools (For example: Bash scripting, Python, Ruby) and comfort with APIs and web technologies
- Ability to prioritize, and deliver on multiple projects in tandem. You thrive under pressure and enjoy clarifying ambiguous situations
- Bonus points for experience in the B2B payments and/or fraud space
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
Let’s Build It Together
At Sift, we are intentionally building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We believe that diversity drives innovation, equity is a fundamental right, and inclusion is a basic human need. We envision a place where all Sifties feel secure sharing their authentic selves and diverse experiences with their teams, their customers, and their community – ultimately using this empowerment and authenticity to build trust and create a safer Internet.
This document provides transparency around the way in which Sift handles personal data of job applicants: https://sift.com/recruitment-privacy
Something looks off?