Senior Revenue Accountant
Blockchain technology is powering a growing wave of innovation. Businesses and governments around the world are using blockchains to make banking more efficient, connect with their customers, and investigate criminal cases. As adoption of blockchain technology grows, more and more organizations seek access to all this ecosystem has to offer. That’s where Chainalysis comes in. We provide complete knowledge of what’s happening on blockchains through our data, services, and solutions. With Chainalysis, organizations can navigate blockchains safely and with confidence.
The Accounting & Finance team at Chainalysis splits their time between fine-tuning the details and evaluating the 30,000 foot view of our business. Our job is to help the company plan for growth by investing in the right resources and audit our expenditures and revenues to ensure we’re being fiscally responsible.
We are looking for a Senior Revenue Accountant. This person will work on revenue accounting and assist with other technical accounting projects where applicable. This person will also help build robust and scalable financial reporting processes and controls from the ground up to ensure we close each quarter and year-end at a public company standard. The ideal candidate will be able to think independently, be able to multi-task, and a proactive worker
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- You perform day-to-day revenue accounting activities ensuring compliance with GAAP, internal policies, and external audits.
- You prepare month-end journal entries, reconciliations and supporting schedules.
- You review complex customer contracts and schedule revenue recognition in accordance with US GAAP.
- You analyze and document the revenue treatment of deals to identify non-standard terms with revenue impacts.
- You’ve performed fluctuation analysis on revenue metrics.
- You perform monthly and quarterly close procedures.
- You collaborate with other Finance and cross-functional teams on monthly close matters, including financial statement and footnote preparation.
- You analyze the stand-alone selling price, management judgements, and other assumptions used to assess revenue recognition under ASC 606 and contract acquisition costs under ASC 340.
- You’ve tackled other special projects and duties as assigned including assisting with internal and external audits.
- You read and interpret legal language in contracts, research accounting guidance and summarize in technical memos.
A background like this helps:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; CPA strongly preferred.
- Background in revenue accounting, preferably within the SaaS/FinTech environment.
- Oral and written communication skills to interact with upper levels of management.
- Understand how to effectively work with other business groups to accomplish goals.
- Data-oriented and unfazed by large datasets.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time appropriately.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Hands-on, flexible, and a team player able to function in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Experience researching, applying, and documenting accounting rules.
- Understanding of month end close, GAAP, SOX and audit concepts and requirements required.
- Experience working with Salesforce, FinancialForce and NetSuite is strongly preferred.
This job listing may cover more than one job level. To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base salary ranges for all United States based job listings. We set standard base salary ranges for all roles based on function, level, and location, benchmarked against technology companies. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, relevant work experience, skillset, internal equity, and other factors, consistent with applicable law. The salary range for this position is dependent on where you live within the United States. Chainalysis maintains two pay zones: Zone 1 includes team members in the New York City metro area and team members in the San Francisco Bay Area. Zone 2 encompasses all other parts of the United States. The salary ranges are:
Zone 1: $95,000 - $125,000 - $155,000
Zone 2: $85,000 - $110,000 - $135,000
Base salary is just one part of our total rewards package which additionally includes equity, performance bonus or commissions for eligible roles, and competitive benefits. This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship.
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Harvey Milk Day, World Humanitarian Day, and UN International Migrants Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Something looks off?