Mid Market Account Executive, Venture Capital
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
We're looking for talented Mid Market Account Executives to join our Venture Capital team. Our customers are primarily venture capital firms as well as angel investors, family offices, funds of funds, and private equity firms. Carta's platform allows these clients to track and manage their portfolios while liaising with their investors.
As a Venture Capital Account Executive, you’ll introduce top tier clients to our wide range of product offerings, including custodial services, portfolio management, reporting and analytics, investor management, investor portal, valuations, and data collection. These Carta services include selling consultative access to our team of Carta fund administration accountants who support funds quarterly reporting needs. We offer tech-focused investor portals to both the fund GPs/Admins and also their investors/LPs.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Communicate the business impact of our product offerings to key decision makers
- Demonstrate ability to influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus-building to identify and sell new opportunities
- Identify and acquire net new investor customers to the Carta platform
- Understand customer needs and requirements and act as a trusted business advisor
- Drive revenue through strategic outbound prospecting
- Develop a comprehensive sales strategy and sales plan that ensures consistent achievement of goals over the short and long-term
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field
- 8+ years of account executive experience recommended; enterprise sales a plus
- Relevant sales experience with a proven ability to execute, especially negotiation and closing
- Intellectually curious, fast learner
- Articulate, poised, and concise
- Competitive and driven to achieve goals
- Experience in venture capital, private equity, institutional investing, or wealth management preferred
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our minimum cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is:
- $255,000 OTE - $275,000 OTE in New York, New York
- $255,000 OTE - $275,000 OTE in San Francisco, California
- $242,000 OTE - $260,000 OTE in Seattle, Washington
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.