Senior Account Executive, Private Equity
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
Carta has developed an ownership management platform exclusively for Private Equity Firms and their portfolio company management teams. This includes the first and only Advanced Scenario Modeling tool capable of handling the most complex Private Equity waterfalls, empowering deal teams, valuations teams and management teams to get out of excel and improve accuracy and time to insight for some of their most important strategic decisions.
Over the past several years we’ve seen considerable success working with Private Equity-backed portfolio companies by partnering with Private Equity firms as a channel partner. We’re now pursuing a new and exciting opportunity working with Private Equity Firms as a customer. As an Enterprise Account Executive, you’ll join a small cross-functional team to strategically navigate Private Equity Firms, evangelize the Carta value proposition and drive revenue directly with these Firms.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Communicate the business impact of our product offerings to key decision makers
- Demonstrate ability to influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus-building to identify and sell new opportunities
- Own sales cycles that are 6-18 months
- Understand customer needs and requirements and act as a trusted business advisor
- Drive revenue through strategic outbound prospecting
- Own the entire sales lifecycle, from lead generation to close
- Develop a comprehensive sales strategy and sales plan that ensures consistent achievement of goals over the short and long-term
- Own relationships for Private Equity Firms and be their customer advocate
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field
- 10+ years of account executive experience, or equivalent industry experience in Private Equity, Investment Banking, or Alternative Assets
- Experience selling to professionals from a Private Equity background and proven ability to speak their language
- Experience closing large deals
- Strategically navigate large and complex organizations with multiple stakeholders
- Proven ability to execute, especially negotiation and closing
- Flexible and resilient
- Interest in being part of a ‘startup within a startup’
- Fluency in Private Equity deal team language and back office functions such as portfolio and valuations teams is a nice to have
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our expected cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role starts at:
- $128,500 base + commission in New York City, NY
- $128,500 base + commission in San Francisco, CA
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.