Senior Account Executive, Venture Capital
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
We're looking for talented Enterprise Account Executives to join our Venture Capital Upmarket team. Our customers are primarily venture capital firms as well as angel investors, family offices, funds of funds, and private equity firms. Carta's platform allows these clients to track and manage their portfolios while liaising with their investors.
As a Venture Capital Account Executive, you’ll introduce top tier clients to our wide range of product offerings, including custodial services, portfolio management, reporting and analytics, investor management, investor portal, valuations, and data collection. These Carta services include selling consultative access to our team of Carta fund administration accountants who support funds quarterly reporting needs. We offer tech-focused investor portals to both the fund GPs/Admins and also their investors/LPs.
You will also work closely with new venture capital funds as they navigate the process of forming a new fund. That process involves advising them on best practices and referring them to additional vendors which may include fund formation lawyers and tax professionals.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Communicate the business impact of our product offerings to key decision makers
- Demonstrate ability to influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus-building to identify and sell new opportunities
- Own sales cycles that are 12-18 months
- Understand customer needs and requirements and act as a trusted business advisor
- Drive revenue through strategic outbound prospecting
- Own the entire sales lifecycle, from lead generation to close
- Develop a comprehensive sales strategy and sales plan that ensures consistent achievement of goals over the short and long-term
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field
- 10+ years of account executive experience; enterprise sales a plus
- Relevant sales experience, preferably in a SaaS or financial services organization
- Experience managing a pipeline and closing large contracts
- Proven ability to execute, especially negotiation and closing
- Intellectually curious, fast learner
- Articulate, poised, and concise
- Flexible and resilient
- Competitive and driven to achieve goals
Experience in venture capital, private equity, institutional investing, or wealth management preferred
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our expected cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is:
- $300,000 OTE - $312,500 OTE in New York City, NY
- $300,000 OTE - $312,500 OTE in San Francisco, CA
- $285,000 - $296,250 OTE in Seattle, WA
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.