The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
Carta is seeking a flexible and strategic HR professional who will act as a consultant to the Business leadership team, develop and execute HR strategies, be an advocate for our employees, and build programs that drive organizational and people effectiveness.
The HRBP role at Carta builds strong partnerships with the business, consistently seeks opportunities to problem solve, and provides strategic and operational support to the leaders and functions you support. Your primary focus will be executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and working with business leaders to establish, drive, and constantly evolve a people strategy that is connected with the rest of Carta, while uniquely ‘fit for purpose’ locally.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Provide professional counsel (not HR best practices for HR sake) to the business and help set the People priorities
- Drive our People strategy to meet business objectives
- Partner with the business to roll out key People initiatives (performance management, compensation, benefits, development programs, etc)
- Provide guidance and input on workforce planning, succession planning, compensation, promotions, lateral transfers, re-leveling, benchmarking, etc
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Act as an employee champion and change agent, proactively communicating needs with our HR department and business management
- Successfully influence others by providing direction, knowledge, and support to create a high-performing organization
- Mentor and coach our managers to be world class
- Roll up your sleeves and dive into the high volume of daily operational HR needs
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues
- Build strong relationships with employees, management, and leadership team
- You have a passion for understanding the business goals, finding creative solutions, and improving team processes
- You have experience working in a fast-paced technology company
- 5+ years of HRBP experience
- You have successfully coached and influenced leadership in a previous role
- You have a high degree of empathy and are a great communicator (both written and verbally)
- You’re a people connector and have an interest in all things HR (operations, DEI, L&D, etc.)
- You’re self-aware, resilient, and thrive in opportunities when learning new things
- You have great organizational skills, pay close attention to detail, and have an ability to complete competing priorities efficiently
- You have the ability to interface effectively with professionals at all levels of the organization
- And, you must maintain confidentiality and use outstanding judgment on a daily basis
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our minimum cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is $136,000 salary - $160,000 in San Francisco, California.
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.
Something looks off?