Tax Manager/Tax Supervisor
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
This position will report to the Tax Delivery lead and will have the opportunity to help build Carta’s tax advisory business from the ground-up. The tax advisory team works with Tech founders and builders on the Carta platform that have tax needs around their equity. This team is responsible for helping Tech founders and builders understand the impact of their equity on their taxes and act as a resource for all other tax related questions.Carta Tax Advisory is solely focused on tax planning so this position doesn’t include the preparation or review of tax returns.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Provide comprehensive tax planning strategies to Tech founders and builders
- Help craft the vision for Carta Tax and collaborate with the product and engineering functions
- Build and deliver a 10-star experience for users of Carta’s Tax services
- 6+ years of tax experience in a public accounting firm, a professional services firm or a large complex tax department
- Strong technical tax knowledge, specifically around equity compensation
- Experience working directly with tech founders and builders on tax planning
- Experience with BNA Income Tax Planner a plus
- Superior customer service skills
- Motivated to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to accelerate Carta’s growth
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our expected cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is:
- $132,600 - $156,000 in New York, New York
- $132,600 - $156,000 in San Francisco, California
- $119,340 - $140,400 in Seattle, Washington
We are hiring for multiple levels and locations, so final offers may vary from the amounts listed based on geography, experience and expertise, and other factors.
Something looks off?