Sales Development Representative
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
The Sales Development Representative Teams are the driving force of Carta’s upward trajectory. Our SDRs work with the Director of Sales Development on marketing related projects, territory research, prospect targeting, reporting, and webinar maximization strategy. We pride ourselves on investing in our team and promoting from within. All SDRs receive training on Carta software, private market finance, and equity administration along with ongoing training in consultative sales, client management, negotiation and sales operations.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Respond to prospects researching requests
- Become an expert on Carta’s varying products and services
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up, generating increased interest and excitement in Carta
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure top of funnel acquisition
- By supporting the SDR teams you will help drive the overall company pipeline
- Provide timely and accurate front-line support for all prospective customers interested in Carta
- Engage with prospective customers real-time via phone or zoom
- Execute cold outreach campaigns leveraging a "customer first" approach to investors and finance leaders in the venture and private equity space, as well as private corporations
- Grit - Ambitious, driven, and fearless in the face of rejection
- Coachability - Tremendous desire to learn about FinTech and constantly improve in a “no-egos” environment
- Emotional Intelligence - Ability to read emotional cues, understand a customer’s needs, and navigate a meaningful conversation and provide meaningful solutions
- Customer-Facing Experience - Experience working in a high volume customer-facing role
- An Interest in Venture Capital / FinTech - If learning about how investors find the next unicorn to invest in, you’re in the right place
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- Track record of success in a lead generation role is a plus
- Ability to break down and effectively communicate complex topics
- Experience managing spreadsheets on Excel, Google Sheets, or similar productivity software tooling
- SaaS and software sales experience
- Passion for or previous experience in Finance
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our expected cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role starts at:
- $64,500 base in New York City, NY
- $64,500 base in San Francisco, CA
- $58,845 base in Seattle, WA
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.
Something looks off?