Software Architect, Back-End Ruby
Whether they’re building great payment software or collaborating with a client, every CardFlight employee is committed to empowering small businesses to accept electronic payments with ease. Our team works primarily remote in over 20 US states and is passionate about delivering easy to use software to help small businesses accept payments from their customers. Joining our growth stage company means that you will work collaboratively with others to have a direct impact on helping entrepreneurs and owners grow their business. Our signature product, SwipeSimple, is used by 125,000+ small businesses across the country.
The position is location-neutral remote, with opportunities to get together as a company and team throughout the year.
What You’ll Do
Develop and Build (50%)
- Operate as the go-to person by developing and maintain scalable back-end related processes within our technology stack, specifically in Ruby
- Collaborate with engineers and product management in an agile environment
- Deliver software using continuous delivery and quality to fix bugs or bottlenecks in the process
Collaboration & Mentoring (50%)
- Coach and lead the team in Agile practices such as code reviews and pair programming
- Mentor and develop a high-performing team of engineer
- Own communication with the largest payment processors in the country
- Expand our products’ integration with new payment processors
- Unify payment processing flows and provide greater visibility into issues
What You’ll Bring to the Table
- 8+ years of professional development experience
- Experience mentoring and coaching engineers
- Experience with larger refactors on existing systems
- Experience optimizing large systems
- Experience or desire to work with micro systems
- Experience building scalable systems
- Experience with relational data access patterns
Why You’ll Love CardFlight
- Location-neutral work environment
- Home-office equipment stipend
- Flexible paid time off
- Employee Engagement (Lunch & Learns, team building events)
- Learning & Development culture
- Competitive health benefits
- Competitive compensation and company ownership/stock options
- And more!!
The standard annual base pay range for this role is $170,000-$205,000. In addition to a competitive base salary, this position is also eligible for cash bonus and equity awards based on factors such as experience and performance. At CardFlight, we lead with respect for one another, our customers and business partners, vendors, and prospective employees. Our objective is to ensure CardFlight team members are passionate about the growth of our company, supported in their personal growth and development, and connected to their colleagues. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?