Sales Director - Buy-Side
Capital Markets Gateway
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2023
“Companies access the capital markets to raise money that will ultimately drive expansion, innovation, and employment growth, which is why we have built an integrated capital markets platform that will optimize the deal flow process for all market participants.” Greg Ingram, CMG CEO and co-founder.
Capital Markets Gateway (CMG) is a FinTech start-up that is transforming the equity capital markets (ECM). The capital raising process is riddled with inefficiencies and operational risk. CMG is creating a digital marketplace that connects investors and underwriters via a neutral platform that delivers integrated ECM data and analytics. CMG’s platform streamlines workflows and delivers information and analytics in real-time providing users with long-desired speed to market and analysis vital to decision making.
We are looking for a Sales Director to join the CMG Buy-side Sales team. In this role, you will be selling to hedge funds and mutual funds. You will be expected to be comfortable prospecting into the buy-side and managing a complex sales cycle from cold call to close. As a leading fintech looking to deliver innovation to the equity capital markets, CMG is transforming one of the hottest areas of Wall Street.
· We innovate with purpose
· We focus on outcomes vs. output
· We believe diverse and inclusive teams fuel innovation
· We are humble yet candid
· We do right by the customer
- Lead key sales efforts into a large buy-side territory
- Drive creative marketing campaigns that lead to meetings with buyside prospects
- Understand the ECM landscape and the roles of ECM traders, analysts, and PMs
- Uncover pain points within a prospects ECM process and then build a value match between the prospect and CMG’s platform
- Collaborate with customer success to foster a client first culture
- Close new business to meet and exceed your quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Accurately forecast new revenue on a monthly basis
- Record all client interactions in CMG’s CRM system
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in a business development or sales role
- Growth mindset and the ability to find creative solutions to complex problems
- Proven sales track record and ability to generate new revenue
- Exceptional communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership, ability to manage multiple priorities
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Positive, “whatever it takes” attitude
- Politeness, fun-loving disposition, respect for others
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive benefits program
- 401k match
- Flexible time off
- Fully remote work environment
- Support to further your education
- A culture of people first
The estimated annual base salary range for this role is US$115,000 – US$155,000 with a target OTE of ~2x base salary. The successful candidate’s salary will be determined by non-discriminatory factors such as skills and experience. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in our benefits program including health, dental, vision, 401K, paid time off and our equity plan.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm you are authorized to work in the US.
CMG embraces our ongoing commitment to building a culture reflecting the people, perspectives, and passions it represents. We will accept nothing less than equity, inclusion, and belonging for all. With the only constant in life being change, we will always listen, learn, and improve for the betterment of our teams, customers, and communities. CMG is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
See more open positions at Capital Markets Gateway
Something looks off?